E ʟ ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ

"𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫"

"𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫"

The match was over.

Sarah breathed heavily with a disappointed expression.

They lost. And she knew the exact reason why.

Her team was falling apart, some of  them even cried from frustration, but non of them could imagine the guilt Mira felt after finding out.

The blonde girl sat down on the bench, chugging down the bottle of water. Karasu and Eita walked up to her disappointment and sympathy written all over their faces.

"Are you feeling okay?"

The ravenette asked, expecting not to get an answer. Sarah just looked up and smiled, right now she was more worried about her friend than anything else.

The three ran over to the nurse's office and saw the woman speaking with their coach. "How is she?" Sarah asked anxiously.

"Her condition is surprisingly good after a fall like that, the sprain isn't too bad but I would not recommend playing for a while. And she'll need crutches to walk around till the injury heals. I gave her a strong painkiller so she's asleep right now, Your friend is with her too." The nurse said and excused herself.

Meanwhile inside the room Mira slowly opened her eyes. "Rin?"

The girl said noticing those teal eyes from her corner of her vision. The boy looked at her with a concerned look. "Are you alright? Does it still hurt?" He asked while she struggled to sit up.

"You shouldn't get up."

"I'm fine, stop overreacting." She said as Rin helped her sit up. He rolled his eyes and slumped back in his chair. An awkward silence filled the room as non of them dared to speak.

"Did we lose?"

She asked breaking the silence and looking her dead in the eye. He nodded with a sour expression and waited for her reaction.

The brunette looked down a bitter smile tugging at her lips. A few tears ran down her cheeks as she quickly wiped them away. Rin didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say, nor how to comfort her.

A large sigh escaped his lips as he got up and leaned over the bed she was sitting in. He engulfed her in a small hug which made her eyes widen. It was very uncomfortable but atleast it made her chuckle slightly.

"What's so funny?"

Rin asked while pulling away. Mira smiled and looked away. "Nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing."

Before she could reply the door burst open and the loud trio ran in. Sarah practically started crying as she sqeezed the brunette in a suffocating hug.

Eita and Karasu did the same as the emo boy groaned in annoyance. Their peace was ruined.

"Mira you should get ready, We're leaving soon." The blonde girl said as she and the guys left the room. After a few minutes she walked out with her crutches.

They said goodbye to the Hakuho school students. One boy in particular looked quite worried for the brunette. Before she left he walked up to her to wish a farewell.

"Mira! I hope you recover soon."

He said making the girl smile. "Thanks Nagi."

"I'll be seeing you in a week right?" The white haired boy said unsure. "Yup, I'll see you then." She waved him goodbye and caught up to her friends.

Getting up on the bus was a struggle but she managed to do it eventually. Mira sat down in her seat and closed her eyes in exhaustion. Rin glanced at her from the side and then looked back at the view through the window.

Suddenly she offered a small plasyic bag to him. The boy's eyes looked at it curiously as the brunette signaled him to open it.

He did as she wanted as his teal eyes lit up for a split second. Mira smiled widely at his reaction, but Rin got emberrassed and looked away.

"See? I told you I would bring it for you."

Before she could even finish Rin had started eating the macaroons. She turned to him in shock. "Hey, leave some for me too." She said as he rolled his eyes.

The emo boy was munching on the cookies when he suddenly felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked over to see Mira peacefully sleeping there. Rin sighed before putting the plastic bag in his pocket.

He shifted in his seat searching for a position that wouldn't result in the brunette getting a sore neck. He carefully placed his hand on her other shoulder and relaxed.

Atleast he liked how quiet it was.

Meanwhile on the other side of the bus Sarah screamed silently at the scene they were watching. "I can't fucking believe this." She whisper-yelled in excitement.

"Who knew they would end up together." Karasu said with a small smirk.

Eita on the other hand pulled out his phone snapping a couple hundred photos of the two love birds. "Send me those." The blonde girl said giggling in happiness.

"You're really happy about this aren't you?" The ravenette said with a chuckle. "Of course I am, I can't remember the last time Mira was in a relationship."

"I just can't believe Rin pulled her tho." Otoya said making the other two burst out laughing.

"No you've got it wrong, He's a simp for her." Sarah argued. The rest of the ride continued with the trio creating a new group chat called 'The Mirin Shippers', as in Mira x Rin shippers.

And speaking of them The emo boy almost fell asleep himself at the comfortable position they were in. He just wished this moment would last forever.

Unfortunately the bus stopped and his wish was washed down the drain. Rin slowly tapped Mira's shoulder trying to wake her up.

The girl pushed his hand away in her sleep and burried her face into his neck. The boy's eyes widen for a second until he said.

"You want me to leave you here?"

The brunette immediately jumped awake and grabbed her bags. Rin raised a brow at her and tried to supress his smile.

"NOPE I'M AWAKE!!!"

She smiled at him cheekily and grabbed her crutches. The friends waved goodbye to each other and went seperate ways. This was one of the longest days ever.