03 - Reach For What You Want

Ever since his ceremony, America had been preparing for something. Something that involved changing his room, apparently. Turning it into a complete mess. Whatever it was, it was concerning his parents, Britain and France. What was America doing? And why? Surely he wasn't thinking about truly leaving so soon, especially without a hand of another siren to be named his. America's speech yesterday had truly been something powerful, strong willed and rousing for the siren kind, who screamed for vengeance for thousands and thousands of slaughtered innocent sirens. The royals exchanged many uncomfortable glances, speaking with their eyes rather than their words. Probably to ensure that America didn't hear their worry outside his bedroom.

Britain's eyes, moved towards her son's room, urging France to enter and talk to his first born. France didn't move from his spot, moving his hand to his chest. He'd look away from Britain. Why should he talk to the Prince? Britain was more preferable, more sweet to their son. A disappointed huff left Britain's nostrils as she reluctantly gave in, glaring at her husband one last time before moving to knock on the wall outside the room before going in.

"America, darling?"

She spoke sweetly, guiding herself to sit on the boy's bed, which was made out of a large clam. The Queen waited for her son's attention, yet never gained it. He was too busy packing things in boxes, putting things in his bags and swimming around with a sense of urgency.

"Darling, your father and I are... Worried. We've been talking. Why are you in such a hurry?"

That seemed to stop America's movement, the young siren freezing up and staring at his mother with wide eyes, shrinking pupils as if she had just grounded him for a hundred great moons. He remained frozen for what was a good few seconds, before throwing his head back, holding it in his hands.

"Didn't you hear me yesterday? I said I'm gonna make myself known, Ma! I'm going to save us."

"You're leaving for the above today? But-we haven't even prepared you for it."

"It doesn't matter! Whatever happens, I'll be fine, I'm sure of it!"

Ame tried to persuade Britain, who's mouth was agape, and eyes widened. The woman was frozen where she was, except from her tail, which was still flowing back and forth to keep her upright and where she was. America felt so bad for having planned such a thing, but he was going to go through with it, whether she liked it or not. Slowly, he moved towards his bed, and picked up some sort of contraption that had been given to him by one of his friends. Still watching Britain, he would place it into his shoulder bag. Maybe telling her a bit more would enlighten the mood?

"If it makes you feel better, Japan will be there. She offered, since-"

"She's been Above before! America! Did she convince you to do this?"

"What? No, I asked her! She accepted because she agrees with me! I need to make myself known! Siren killers deserve to be killed!"

"You're going to solve killing with more killing? How is that going to do anything, Ame?"

That was.. a good response. An unbelievably good response, because after that, America had no idea what to say. His mouth quivered, his eyes searched for answers, but he could respond with nothing. Soon a mix between a frustrated sigh and groan left his lips, throwing his hands up in the air before sitting down on his specially-made bed, pouting like a child.

Britain understood America. She understood where he was coming from, but she knew it wasn't the right approach. She loved him, she truly did, but how would a mother ever cope if all she knew was that her beloved baby boy was out in the Above without her protection? Without her guidance to ensure his safety? Even though Japan was older than America, how could she be sure the siren wouldn't try to sway the Prince into something dangerously foolish? It was something she wasn't sure she would be able to rest with. Rest assured? Absolutely not.