I creaked open the door hesitantly and was met with cooler water and a darker room, despite the bright pink coral walls. I suppose without any windows it would be rather hard to be bright. The only light that illuminated the smaller room was the light of a bioluminescent rock thingy.

A shape moved swiftly in a darker area of the room, where a large mass I assumed to be a bed was located.

"Who's there?" A jaw-dropping, heart pounding, very-recognizable-voice demanded.

I made an unintelligible noise in my throat before finding words to say, "Wakatoshi-kun...?" I whispered hesitantly.

The shape moved forward a bit and the dim light lit up the face of the man who held all my adoration.

"Satori..." He breathed moving closer, reaching out a hand that, I noticed immediately, was webbed. His fingers stopped mere centimeters from my face and the tension was far too great for me.

"Toshi!" I cried and rushed into his chest, "H-how? When?..."

My eyes caught on the necklace around his neck.

"I would like to think a celestial being helped me," He wrapped his arms around my torso and held my gaze lovingly, "I came searching for you the very night you decided to leave."

"B-but how'd you know how to activate the-" He cut me off.

"Shh, Satori," he muttered softly, twirling us in a slow circle, "all that matters is I'm here with you now."

"What about your family?"

"I asked Shimizu to cover for us," he replied briskly, "but those details are irrelevant. I've been here in this room for days, please let me just enjoy being in your presence."

Unsure how to respond, I shut my mouth and relaxed into the warm embrace I had longed for.

"Satori..." Wakatoshi broke the silence suddenly, a slight hint of nervousness in his voice, "Let me court you."

"What?" I backed up slightly to look him in the face, shock evident on my features, "But I'm not-"

"Shh," He held up a hand to silence me, "please, let me finish."

I shut my mouth and let him continue.

"Satori, I know I've only known you for a little over a week, but those few days we've spent together have made me feel the happiest I've ever experienced. You brought me so much joy when I least expected it. You may not think it," he added when seeing my doubtful expression, "but I know that I'll never find anyone to lift me higher than you. I've never really experienced a true relationship, but I know what it looks like to love someone. I've seen how people change when they fall in love. I see my parents fall in love even more every day, I watched my sister do whatever it took to pursue the woman of her dreams. Satori, I'm not blind to how you feel. I know that you struggle because of what your father has raised you to believe."

"I know you think you might not be "enough" for me," He grasped my hands, "but you are. You are everything I need and more. I know that I've changed, I know that you changed me. I love you more than I am capable of expressing, Satori."

"Toshi..." I breathed, a warm feeling spread through my body, my heart skipped a beat hearing the words I so longed to hear him say, "Toshi..." I couldn't think of anything to say, but it was fine because actions speak more than words.

Without wasting a moment, I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought my lips to his own. His own arms wrapped around me, embracing me as if I might float away if he let go.

Our mouths moved in synchrony, like a secret dance only the two of us knew. It felt surreal and utterly perfect, like finally seeing your life's work pay off and come to fruition.

We broke apart for a second, our gills flaring in exhilaration.

"I love you, Satori," he said again, with more confidence, "I love your red hair, I love your unique smile, I love the color of your eyes, I love how you laugh at the small things, I love how you make everyone feel as though they belong. I love you so much," He held my hips and spun me around, "I love you, Satori," He said again, and each and every time it still made me blush harder.

"Wakatoshi," I placed my hands on his shoulders and looked up at him, "I love you. I've loved you ever since the moment I laid eyes on you that night on the ship. I've loved you before you even knew my name. There are no words in any language that can describe the feelings I feel for you."

With that, Toshi pulled me back into another—slightly sloppy—kiss. It was hot and every part of me felt as if it was on fire.

It was so hot that I felt cold; a feverish sensation. Everywhere Toshi touched I felt electricity surge through me.

Subconsciously, Wakatoshi and I had moved towards the bed. He pushed me down gently and loomed over me.

"Satori," He said, his voice husky, "you never answered my question. May I court you?"

"Of course, Wakatoshi," I ran my fingers through his hair and smiled, "there's no one I'd rather be with then you."

Toshi immediately began to kiss me again, more fervently this time. He ran his hands up my chest, the slightly callused fingers causing me to shiver with pleasure.

I let out a tiny gasp as his fingers ghosted over my nipples. Using that opportunity I presented, he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

I arched my back upward, pressing myself against his chest.

I felt glued to him, even if I wanted to break away, I couldn't. Wakatoshi left my lips and moved towards my gills, kissing them gently.

I whimpered slightly, missing the warmth of his lips on mine but still finding contentment with him kissing me elsewhere.

His arms wrapped around me tighter and I stifled a moan at the feeling it gave me.

Wakatoshi moved his lips from my gills to my collarbone. Instead of soft, gentle kisses, he was now nipping and sucking at my pale skin, leaving dark marks for everyone to see.

"Toshi-" I groaned, my hips bucking when he sucked at my chest.

"Does it hurt, Satori?" He lifted his head, his eyes filled with worry and lust at the same time.

I shook my head quickly, "f-feels good," I mumbled through the fogginess that filled my brain and limited my inhibitions. Hearing him speak my Name filled me with a strong feeling I couldn't name, "don't stop..." I begged.

And he didn't.

***********************************************************************************************

Which emotion is the least useful?