That she wasn't good enough.

I will do anything and everything I can to always let her know that she is enough — more than enough.

Murphy is everything and more.

Here, with my family, I know that she will never feel anything but love and acceptance. Something she deserved all along.

As she squeezes my hand beside me, I look over and take in the gentle slope of her nose and the way her eyelashes meet the apples of her cheeks. So fucking stunning.

"I'm ready."

I don't think I've ever been more in love with another human.

Sitting in my parents house, watching Murphy laugh and smile as if being around my family like it's the easiest thing she's ever done? Nothing really can compare to the feeling of knowing she feels welcomed.

My parents welcomed her with open arms and Jordan all but tackled her to the ground.

Seeing the light behind her olive eyes at knowing she felt like she belonged somewhere?

I hope that I never forget it.

That I never forget how I feel right here, right now.

Realizing that I love Murphy doesn't come as a surprise to me.

After being around her so much and learning that all my preconceived notions of her were nothing but false ideas, getting to know her and getting past her walls was like falling into step with your best friend.

Murphy was one of the brightest lights in a world that seemed so dim and dull.

"Harry?"

Breaking my gaze from Murph, I glance up as my mom reaches for some dishes. "Do you mind?"

"Of course not." I laugh, picking up a few plates and placing a quick kiss to Murphy's cheek before following her into the kitchen.

We stand side by side just like we've done since I was just a little kid, washing the plates and drying.

"So."

I can hear the smile in her voice as I laugh. "Yes?"

"Murphy is wonderful, Harry." Taking a plate form
me and drying it before putting it on the drying rack, she turns around and leans against the counter. "I can't believe she's the same woman you used to tell us you couldn't stand."

My lips pull into a smile as I think about the way we used to fight at the office. "Me either. Once I got to know her I couldn't believe that I ever used to feel that way."

"You seem happy, my boy."

Looking over at her, I see myself looking back at me.

I've always been told how much we look alike. With our light green eyes and curly hair, not to mention our front two teeth that are just slightly longer.

My mom has always been one of my biggest supporters. Of course my dad was too, but there was just a connection that we shared that ran deeper.

"I am happy." I wash the last plate and dry it myself. "With Murphy it's like getting to spend everyday with my best friend. Even recently when she's felt exhausted from going and going and going and gets kind of crabby, she makes everything worth it."

"You know, I would ask if you love her but I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that." She smiles.

My own grin matches hers. "Yeah, I do. I haven't told her because I don't want to scare her. I know the person that she was with before didn't treat her like they should have — I know that there's pieces of her that she still feels like are broken.