Epilogue

The sun was peaking over the horizon causing the sky to be flushed with a powerful orange that banished the darkness from the heavens. The stars where being choked with the light of the sun, making them fade into the light. The dawn chorus was beginning to chirp and Shelby breathed in the cool morning air with a delighted smile.

Shelby was standing on the balcony of Glimmer Grove, leaning onto the wall that separated Shelby and the long drop to the ground. She had gotten up early to fly all the way here to surprise Katherine and had gotten to Glimmer Grove in time to watch the sunrise.

Entranced in the rising sun, she didn't notice Katherine descending the staircase from her bedroom. Katherine came to stand at Shelby's shoulder, slipping her hands silently round the witch's waist.

Katherine felt Shelby's breath leave her body and Katherine smiled as she had created the desired effect.

"You're up early," commented Katherine in a whisper as she rested her chin on Shelby's shoulder, joining her in watching the sun rise.

"This moment only happens once a day," Shelby whispered, glancing at Katherine.

"It's beautiful," Katherine breathed, catching Shelby's eye.

Shelby turned to face her, amber eyes sparkling like the sun.

"I can name someone even more beautiful than a sunrise," Shelby said with a smile, brushing hair away from Katherine's face for her, "You look like you've just got out of bed,"

"I wonder why," Katherine stated rather sarcasticly, smiling down at the witch.

"Did I wake you?" Shelby asked, withdrawing her hand from Katherine's cheek.

"Nah, but you looked kinda lonely," Katherine said, eyeing Shelby's lips.

"C'mon then, take away my lonely, Katherine," dared Shelby, eyes gleaming.

Katherine smirked and held Shelby tighter.

They kissed in the light of the rising sun, and everything finally felt right in the world...

*

...

There was a knock at Shelby's hut and her grandma rushed to the door since Shelby had gone out, "Hello?"

Grandma pulled open the door, finding a smoking figure standing on the doorstep, chin raised and red eyes sparking with evil.

Grandma narrowed her eyes as the figure spoke with a gravelly voice, "Is Shelby in?"

"No..."

"Oh, that's a shame," he turned from the door, black smoke flaring around him as he walked.

"Tell her that Sausage called,"