Ch 2: The Aftermath

I watched as him slowly opened his eyes, confusion etched on his face as he tried to make sense of his surroundings. When he finally realized where he was, his gaze darted towards me, his expression a mixture of shock and bewilderment.

"Where am I?" he asked, his voice still groggy from sleep.

"You're at my house," I replied, smiling at him reassuringly. "You passed out last night after I fed on you."

I could see the questions swirling in his eyes, and I knew I had to explain everything to him. I told him about the world of supernatural creatures that coexisted with humans, and how I was a vampire who needed blood to survive.

"But your blood wasn't enough," I said, looking at him pointedly. "I needed a magical bond to heal completely."

"A magical bond?" he repeated, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"Yes," I confirmed. "And the strongest bond is marriage."

His eyes widened in shock as he realized what I was saying. "We're married?" he asked, disbelief coloring his tone.

"Yes," I replied softly. "Last night, I performed a marriage ceremony and bound us together magically. It's the only way for me to heal completely."

He looked at me incredulously, still trying to wrap his head around everything that had happened. "Can we annul the marriage?" he asked finally, his voice tentative.

I nodded slowly, knowing the answer he didn't want to hear. "Yes, we can," I said. "But it would be painful and require a lot of magical power. The bond we have now is the strongest one there is."

He looked crestfallen at my words, but he perked up when I told him the benefits of staying married. "You'll be stronger than most humans," I said, smiling at him. "And you'll be able to use simple magic too. My magic is now flowing in your body too."

He looked intrigued by the idea of being stronger and having magical abilities, and I knew he was considering his options. "Do I have a choice?" he asked finally.

I nodded, knowing he needed to make the decision for himself. "Yes, you do," I said. "You can choose to stay married to me or we can annul the marriage. It's up to you."

We spent the rest of the day talking and getting to know each other better. I learned his name was Y/N, he was fascinated by the world of supernatural creatures, and I was happy to share my knowledge with him.