372 - One Month Later...

This weekend, I posted three chapters. I hope you enjoyed them! 

I'd really appreciate your stars on each of the chapters. 

Also, I'm willing to post more. Just shower your love. 🥰

--

Of course, the first person that Anirudh met when he entered was Manika

"Anirudh!" Manika hissed angrily, when she saw him enter the haveli, dragging Batuk's luggage inside with him. 

A glance at the two men confirmed that Anirudh hadn't come here to take Bondita back. But rather, he had come here to drop Batuk off. 

Manika had no qualms with Batuk staying here. Her problem was with Anirudh leaving his wife here when she knew that it must be because of some other self-sacrificing act... again!

"Manika, I can explain," Anirudh gulped. 

Batuk looked at the two of them, and then just shrugged. He didn't want to be caught in the crossfire! He just wanted to find his nephew!

So Batuk just bolted to dump his belongings in an empty bedroom, and then find his Boudi. 

Anirudh on the other hand, said, "You must be wondering -" 

"Don't say you have a reason! I know what your reason is. You must have sacrificed your love AGAIN Anirudh."

"W - what?" Anirudh stammered. 

"That's all you do! Sacrifice yourself and your love! For the sake of everyone else!"

"Manika, maybe you're right but the situation is really -"

"Who cares what the situation is? Fight Anirudh! Fight for your love for once!"

"Will you hear me out?" Anirudh argued, getting annoyed now. "Manika, even if you're right, you can at least try to understand!"

Manika took a deep breath and demanded, "Fine. What is it?"

"I can't tell you! But what I'll say is that if I don't do this, then I won't be able to look myself in the eye. I won't be able to look Bondita in the eye either. I've harmed her in the past Manika, and I won't repeat my mistakes," Anirudh told her firmly. 

"What? How will you leaving her here prevent you from harming Bondita?" Manika questioned. 

"Just trust me," Anirudh begged. "That's all I can ask of you." 

He reached for Manika's shoulder and held it gently, "If you don't believe me... then believe that I wouldn't do anything wrong to Bondita. Just trust that." 

Manika took another deep breath and asked, "Fine Anirudh. Then tell me, how long will she stay here for?"

Anirudh gulped again. "I don't know... it can be a few days or a few weeks."

Manika nodded. "I want her back at the haveli in two weeks. Sort out what you need to do. Don't leave her here too long! She needs her husband in her pregnancy!"

Anirudh looked at Manika, a guilt-stricken expression on his face. 

"She only needs strength Manika. And she is strong enough to give herself that strength," Anirudh told Manika, "I... want to be with her. But... I can't right now. I know she has you, she has Batuk now too. Her friends are with her. She has great friends."

Manika looked at Anirudh, her heart breaking as she saw the guilt etched on his face. The sorrow that he had to separate himself from his wife during her pregnancy.