Chapter 14

Before Rei could say anything three boys suddenly appeared in front of her and Evelyn, slightly startling Evelyn as they spoke together, "Hello ladies, welcome to Blue Pegasus."

"Hi," Rei muttered, slightly caught off-guard as the boy with light brown hair kneeled on one knee in front of her and grabbed her hand. The dark-haired boy had gone in front of Evelyn and the blond boy was in front of Aurelia.

"Hello miss, what brings such a lovely lady such as yourself here?" the brown-haired boy asked after lightly kissing the back of her hand.

Rei shared a glance with Sky before slightly pulling her hand away. She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted when a small man that made Rei scrunch up her nose due to his overwhelming smell, "Men, give these ladies some space, they're clearly here on important business."

"Who are these people?" Rei heard Evelyn ask Blaise as Rei watched the three younger boys crowd around the small man, who they called 'Master Ichiya'.

"I think they're the Trimens, Hibiki, Eve, Ren, and Ichiya," Blaise answered, watching the group of boys through narrow, slightly concerned eyes. "I think they're really big in Sorcer Weekly or something because of their looks. But I didn't see them when I stopped here last time."

"Aren't we lucky," Sky muttered with distaste, glaring at the boys who then gave her compliments and made her look even more annoyed.

"Listen, we're not interested in you're antics. We're here to talk to Guild Master Bob." Nox growled, walking forward so he was standing next to Rei.

The boys glared at him and the brown-haired one, Hibiki, spoke, "We thank you for escorting these wonderful ladies here, but your presence is no longer necessary. You can leave now."

"Actually, I need to fight him," Rei said in a casual manner, interrupting Nox as he opened his mouth to argue with Hibiki. "And we really do need to speak to your guild master."

"What's all this commotion about?" As if on cue, a bald man wearing a purple shirt and pink and purple shorts with small white wings came toward the group with a small smile on his face. "I'm Blue Pegasus's guild master, Bob. Are you guys looking to join the guild?"

"Actually, we're looking to start our own guild," Rei replied with a smile. Bob gave her a slightly surprised look and she continued, "My name is Rei and this is Sky, Evelyn, and Blaise. We're traveling from a small port town north of here called Lotus to Era to get a guild established there. I was hoping I could talk to you about what it's like to run a guild and how they actually work and all that."

"My, you're very ambitious for wanting to start a guild at your age," Bob said. "I'd be happy to talk with you. Especially since we don't have too much going on at the moment."

Rei's smile brightened and she shared an excited look with Evelyn and Blaise. Then she remembered Nox and Aurelia standing with them, "That'd be great. But first, is there a place where me and shadow boy over here could fight? I made a bet with him that if I beat him he has to join my guild."

"And if she loses you won't have to have any conversations with her," Nox retorted, glaring at Rei.

"Well, aren't you cute? Trying to be all dark and brooding." Bob giggled and Nox's face morphed into discomfort. Then Bob's look turned more serious when he looked at Rei, "Does that mean if you lose you won't establish your guild?"

"Technically yes, but there's no way I'd lose to him," Rei said with an air of confidence.

Bob narrowed his eyes at her with concern, "You seem awfully confident. Don't let it backfire on you. Whether or not you establish a guild is a big thing to hinge on one fight."