16.

Looking at myself in the mirror is just like having another person in front of you, just observing.

I've already finished my make up and hair and now waited to go get dressed.
The night will start in 15 minutes.
My performance will start in 15 minutes.

Suddenly ,Tom came bragging through the door, letting it hit the wall hard.
He stopped in front of me while trying to catch his breath again with my cell phone in his hand.

„It's.... Impor....tant....they say it's about.....your parents.."

My parents, right now?

I quickly snatched my phone out of his hand and answered.

„Here is Y/N Y/L/N, who's on the line?"

„Good afternoon Miss ,it's the Ulsan City Hospital."

The what?

My eyes widened.

„It's about your mother's condition.It seems like his cancer isn't getting any better with the new treatment.Could you home by the next days?We know you are a popular figurine skater but it's serious and we couldn't  reach your mother the past few days."

„Uhm..."

silence.

What have I've been missing in Seoul the past years?
Cancer?

I could see Tom staring at me ,trying to figure out what they're saying on the phone.
I signaled him to leave the room and he immediately did ,after noticing that it really was dead serious.

Don't worry I'll be there tomorrow around noon.Thank you for calling me, I'll try to contact my father too."

Then I hung up before they could give me further details.
My mom has cancer?

My hands started to shake while I looked on my phone, checking the time.
I've got 5 minutes left.

I quickly dialed my dad's number but it would only say that the number can not be reached .

fuck.

How am I supposed to perform now.

„Y/N Y/L/N please come to the preparation room!"

I really.

I don't think I can.

I quickly stood up and my vision went all blurry.
I grabbed onto the chair for support and slowly made my way there, seeing Coach Mai and Tom already waiting for me.
He looked at me with worried eyes.

„Who was on the phone?"

If I said what I've just said now they'll cancel my performance, wouldn't they?

I looked at the screen with the names of the other figurine skaters.

„No one."

I stood in front of the door of the ice rink while watching the last performer collect their bouquets of flowers they got and blowing kisses to the audience.

Just breath.

If I breath everything will be okay ,right?

I just need to get through this now.

After some minutes I heard the announcer's voice.

„Ladies and Gentlemen, wasn't that an fantastic performance by Charlotte Maine?
But now we gotta move on with the next act!She's THE hot topic around and impresses everyone with her elegant movements.Please send some cheers to
Y/N Y/L/N!"

I entered the ring and straight went into the middle ,not glancing up.

Just breath.

I closed my eyes and the music started to play.