The bringing up of his friends was always a touchy subject, I figured, knowing it had something to do with my safety. I mean, who could you trust when you're face is plastered on every bounty board in the realm?

"Come on, you can worry about that tomorrow." "But—" I cut his response off with the shake of my head. I shift a hand into his and tug him over to one of the beds before making him lay down.

As I'm reaching to pull the covers over his body—he drags me into the bed with him, causing a sigh to escape my lips as I shifted to get comfortable and he pulled the covers up over us.

And with the soldier hugging me from behind, I close my eyes, relaxing in my feelings of safety within Eijiro's arms "Goodnight, Red." I smile lightly.

I can feel his chest shake gently with a low chuckle at the nickname, his lips pressing into the back of my neck for a moment—and I jump as I feel his sharp teeth on my skin.

My eyes snap wide open when his bites my neck, lightly sucking on the skin afterwards "Another one??" I ask, lightly smacking his arm as he cuddles into me "I swear you've left about a hundred already, Eijiro—" I scold.

"So sorry My Lady, but this is my affection!" He quietly defends.

"Your affection hurts!" I say, trying to sound ticked off but I can't help the light laugh that breaks from my lips "Are you telling me to stop?" He wonders, making sure I'm not uncomfortable as per usual.

A crimson hue dances across my features as I pause and slightly shake my head—causing his lips to smile against my skin "Goodnight, (Y/n).." He mumbles, planting another kiss on the new mark etched onto me.

And the embarrassment makes me bury my face into the pillow, trying to further hide my blush as I closed my eyes to sleep.

—Time Skip.—

My eyes blink open as the sounds of distant voices are muffled through the walls of our room.

Eijiro's body is warm against my back and as I close my eyes again to hopefully drift back off into my much enjoyed slumber—another whisking sound flutters past, grasping my attention and waking me further.

His arm falls from my body as I sit up, looking around the room.. For something? 'What am I looking for?' I internally wonder, glancing down at my sleeping significant other before shuffling out of bed.

I walk across the room and I grab my clothes before getting dressed—the sounds of Eijiro's usually thunderous snores sounded oddly quiet compared to the whisps of voices muttering in my ears.

I stopped as I knelt to the ground, brows furrowed as I hesitantly place my hand on the surface and close my eyes.

Ever since the time I was wrong about the future—my quirk just stopped working, no matter how badly I willed it to. So had been a while since I last even tried activating my quirk.

But as I close my eyes and try to use my power, I am surprised to gain a short flash of vision, a trail leading me—no, beckoning me to follow it to the door.

'Why?' I internally questioned as I stood up, looking at the door with weary eyes "Why now..?" I mutter lowly to myself as I step forward.

I'm pulled away from my brief vision when Eijiro lets out a grumble in his sleep—causing my attention to tilt towards him and my eyes to soften.

I glanced between the door and my significant other, my mind contemplating as I walked back over to his bedside and furtively sat down.

My hand combed his messy hair away from his sleeping face, my adoring gaze watching him for a few seconds before I looked back to the door and sighed—leaning down and planting a short kiss on his cheek, causing his agape mouth to close as he smiled.

He nuzzled further into his pillow while I stood back up, pulling the covers over his naked figure so he wouldn't get cold with the absence of my body.

Then with one last glance his way, I hesitantly approach the front door—grabbing my mask from the counter and exiting the room, listening for the mysterious mutters calling out to me.

As the door lightly clicks shut behind me, I close me eyes again and trace my fingers along the handle—letting a breath flutter from my lips as my quirk conjured up another, slightly longer, vivid vision.

That's when I realize that these short visions weren't fully showing me the future, they were just leading me somewhere.

I didn't know what I was thinking, heading off on my own but the questions revolving around why my quirk is suddenly going off by itself continued to drive me onward.

As I walk along the empty corridor, the cheers of the celebration outside slowly grow louder as I come to a stop at the end of the hall where my previous vision had ended.

There is a light sense of anticipation building within me as I touch the wall and close my eyes again.

The tones in the voices seem to grow increasingly secretive, causing my heart to race with more questions as another vision leads me down the stairs.. And to the entrance of the hotel.

I follow, everything feeling like a lost sense of Deja Vu the further I ventured—chasing a broken vision like bits of a mixed puzzle.

And by the time I come to a stop just outside the entrance off the hotel, my hands grazes the wall and another vision tugs me off to the side of the street.

The loud joined voices of people is like thunder in my ears, almost quiet against my now determined mindset to figure out what was wrong with my quirk.

My short splurges of visions led me far off from the hotel—or actually, I didn't even notice how far I had even walked, the sky was pitch black to showcase that it was deep into the night by now.

Then just as I meet the end of another vision, I plant my hand on the wall of a nearby house rimming an alleyway.

I close my eyes again to use my quirk.. But I am met with nothing.

My quirk future aight had gone black, refusing to sound off again as my brows furrow in frustration "Come on, not again.." I mutter.

I try to use my quirk a few more times but I can't see anything.

I let out a groan in frustration, my heart heavy at that thought that my quirk had just stopped working all over again.

'What if I was finally recovering and I just burned the rest of my fuel??' I internally panicked, looking up through the celebrating crowds surrounding me.

My hands shake at the thought of not being able to use my quirk like I used to—wondering if I had managed to somehow internally break my vision.

The thought of losing my power all over again causes my eyes to soften with sadness but a prevailing thought flickers to life as I glance up to the dark sky.

'..I better get back, Eij's going to freak out if Im not there when he wakes up.' I sigh, turning to leave the entrance of the alleyway.

That's when I suddenly feel a harsh grab on my wrists—my arms straining as my hands are twisted behind my back and I'm dragged into the alleyway.

My back is against someone as they held me, my body struggling against their grasp before finally going rigid once a cold, sharp object presses lightly against my throat.

"Keep struggling and I'll cut you up till you can't move anymore." A higher pitched feminine voice threatens with glee—my eyes glancing down to see a shorter, blonde haired girl.

She's smiling up at me, sharp fangs evident in the dim lanterns lights as she raises a paper up for me to see "Now.." She drawls on while reaching into her traveling bag and pulling out an all too familiar bounty paper.

"Tell me, does this guy look familiar to you?"