"I think you know exactly what you're doing."

"Do I?" I smirk.

"This seems calculated if you ask me."

"Yeah?"

He stares at my chest as drops of water roll down my body. "Yeah."

"Then I guess I get to go first." I put my hands on his shoulders and force him down onto his knees.

~*~

I finish blow-drying my hair and slip into a little pink sundress. Trusting Darren to pack my bag may not have been such a terrible decision after all. I apply some mascara and lip gloss and slide into a pair of black sandals. Darren wraps his arms around my waist as I put on the silver necklace with his initial on it that he bought me for my birthday.

"You look beautiful, babe." He kisses my cheek.

"Thanks."

"So I was thinking about dinner tonight and you had mentioned that place. What was it, The Lobster Pot?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Well it turns out it's only a few miles from here. Wanna go tonight and then we can check out the rest of Provincetown for the night?"

"Yeah, that sounds fun."

"Are you almost ready?"

I nod as I slide on a silver bracelet holding a little charm with an engraving of our anniversary on it.

"Hey." He pulls me into him and gently kisses my lips.

Don't fall for him again, Kori. We always forgive him and then he always cheats again.

"I love you," he says quietly.

"I love you too."

While I hate that part of me is starting to believe it when I say that sentence, at least it's only a small part.

I grab his hand and he leads me into the hallway and out to the truck, opening my door for me. I thank him and hop in.

"I know I've already said it, but you really do look beautiful." He smiles as he starts the truck.

"Thanks. I hope there's no wait when we get there, I'm starving."

"I think we'll be okay."

The drive into Provincetown is quick and Darren parks on the side of the road a few blocks from the restaurant. We walk hand in hand along the sidewalk, far fewer people visiting than I had expected given the warm weather. There's a large neon sign up ahead with a giant lobster on it.

"I guess that's it." I point to it.

"Oh, wow. That's one way to help people find you."

We reach the restaurant and Darren holds the door open for me, something he's been doing more often lately. I thank him as I step through and take in my surroundings. Apparently the sidewalks were empty because everyone in the area is already here.

The short, brunette hostess smiles at us. "Hi, just to let you know we do have about a twenty minute wait right now."

"We actually have a reservation," Darren says.

"We do?" I raise my eyebrows.

He nods.

"What's the name?" the hostess asks.

"Williams."

"Oh, you called earlier."

"Yeah."

The hostess grabs a couple menus. "You guys can follow me."