T ʜ ɪ ʀ ᴛ ʏ

Start from the beginning

"We studied together, I beat him by luck." Mira said making the emo boy look at her with widened eyes. His mother seemed impressed as Ren (Mira&Mirio's dad) smiled.

"See you both deserve the top two spots. Anyways how's work going?" He said and changed the subject.

'Oh thank god dad, you just saved my life.' The brunette thought and glanced at Rin again. This dinner was going badly. Suddenly the boy got up and excused himself to the bathroom.

He quickly left the table and rushed to the bathroom. She wanted to go after him and check if he was alright, but it would look suspiscious if she left now.

Mirio noticed her concerned and look and decided to help out. He 'accidentaly' spilled his wine all over her dress. With a loud gasp the two got up, catching the parents' attention.

"I'm sorry my hand slipped. You should go to the bathroom." He said as Mira excused herself. She mouthed a small 'thank you' before leaving.

'Damn that cunning brat. Great minds think alike.' The girl thought thinking back to the time she used the same trick on Rin.

Mira used the backdoor to get to the alley next to the restaurant. She saw Rin there crouching down, holding his head with his hand. His tired eyes looked up at her with no emtion.

She sighed and crouched down next to him, not uttering a single word. "Why are you here?" He asked turned his attention to the busy street.

"Dunno, just felt like leaving that suffocating place."

After a few seconds of silence the two got up and decided to run away. "We're running away right?" The brunette asked as Rin grabbed her wrist.

"Let's go."

They both ran to the outskirts of the city, to the quiet place where their parents wouldn't follow them. They sat down a bench in a small park.

"Just to be clear we're not actually running away right, just from that dinner?"

"Yes, what else? Stop asking stupid questions." The boy said as she let go of his hand.

She was freezing cold and regretted not wearing a jacket. "Gimme your jacket."

"Huh? Why?"

"CAUSE IM FREEZING MORON, WHY ELSE?!?!?"

Mira yelled making Rin scoff. "What about me? I'm also gonna freeze, you shoulda brought your own." He said coldly and watched as she pouted like a child.

He made a disgusted face before throwing his jacket at her. The brunette's face lit up as her plan worked. "If I get sick again it's your fault." Rin said remind the girl of his fever incident.

She rolled her eyes and made sure to share the jacket. "It's alright, I'll just take care of you again." She said with a wink.

The emo boy snatched their her only source of warmth because of her bad joke. "Alright fine, If I get sick you'll take care of me."

"Who said that?"

Rin replied making the girl sigh in defeat. He then got up and started walking around in circles. The brunette just sat there as the boy approached her from behind.