I was being kind of harsh, but I didn't know any other way to be.

Jeremy was a decent boyfriend most of the time, but he wasn't the type to do nice things like buy the whole mall for me. How was I suppose to react? He's doing all this stuff for me and he doesn't even know me.

I decided to hand wash my clothes before getting in the shower.

About 30 minutes later I stepped out the shower and dried my hair. I threw it up in a bun before slipping my clothes back on. I grabbed my room key and opened the door.

I stopped in my tracks when I realized I didn't drive myself here. I pulled my phone out to call myself a taxi.

I stepped outside and about 15 minutes later. I told the driver my destination and when I arrived I pulled out the last bit of cash I had left, giving it to him. He gave me back $10 in change and I thanked him before walking off.

I took in a deep breathe as I walked up the stairs to my apartment. I pulled out my key, unlocking the door and stepping inside.

I looked around the living area and it looked trashed from the pervious night. I checked the small kitchen and bathroom and it looked empty.

I made my way to my bedroom and my bed looked as if Jeremy slept in it last night. I never left my bed un-made.

I proceeded to my closet to grab a bag. I threw a bunch of clothes and underwear in there. I went in my bathroom and grabbed the most important things. My toothbrush, face wash, deodorant, spray, and face wash.

I went to my drawer next to my bed and opened it. I moved all the magazines and books I had out of the way, and froze a little.

I had an emergency stack of cash hidden here that I didn't even tell Jeremy about.

"This nigga stole my money!" I semi yelled as I searched the drawer one more time. I was interrupted by a voice that I never wanted to hear again.

"Damn right I did."

My heart stopped as I turned around.

There stood the poor excuse of a man, that I once called my boyfriend.

"You dumb bitch. You planned on leaving me a long time ago." He said as he walked closer to me.

I rolled my eyes.

"What are you talking about Jeremy? Everything was fine until you put your hands on me!"

He backed me into a wall.

"Why else would you have a drawer filled with money?"

I turned my head to the side to void eye contact.

"It's for emergencies"

"BULLSHIT!" He yelled as he punched the wall. His fist was centimeters away from my face.

I pushed him hard in the chest, making me fall back on the bed.

"You insecure piece of shit!" I yelled.

"I NEVER planned on leaving you! Until you out your hands on me!" I started giving him blows to the face and he didn't even stop me.

"Fuck you and your money. Get out of my apartment." He puckered his lips at me, before launching spit right on my face.

My heart rate sped up and I felt my face heat up.

All I could see was red.

I walked towards my closet as he walked away from me. I grabbed a belt and while his back was turned I gave him one hard hit cause him to fall down.

SLAP!

He fell to his knees and I hit him again.

SLAP!

"I was loyal to you."

SLAP!

"I gave you everything you wanted and needed"

SLAP!

"And what do I get in return?"

SLAP!

"A broke nigga with low self esteem."

SLAP!

"Trust issues"

SLAP!

"And bad sex"

SLAP! SLAP!

I opened my eyes and his back was filled with red welps everywhere.

I threw the belt at him and kicked him one last time before grabbing my bag and keys and walking out.

I ran down the stairs and hopped in my car, I gripped the steering wheel as tears flowed down my cheeks.

How did I get to a place like this? A feeling of emptiness?

I pulled up the the hotel and got out, going straight to the elevator. I closed my eyes and took deep breathes as it went up to the 8th floor.

I walked fast and stopped when I saw a figure sitting down by my door with a hoodie on."

He looked up as I approached him.

"Hey Olivia"

I dropped my bag and sighed.

"Hey." I searched for my key and unlocked the door. I walked in and looked back.

"May I come in?"

I didn't want to be rude, so I nodded my head.

He followed me inside and plopped on the bed.

I went to the restroom and unpacked my hygiene products. I felt him staring a hole in into the side of my head.

"You alright?"

I sighed.

"I'm fine."

"No your not ma, what's wrong?"

I slammed down my deodorant.

"NOTHING! Why are you even here?" I said facing him.

I looked on his face and I knew he was hurt by what I just said.

"I'm just trying to help. You seem as if you need it."

I walked towards him and got in his face.

"No one just wants to help somebody. Why are you really doing this?" I studied his face.

"Am I some kind of charity case? HUH? Do you feel sorry for me? Well DONT! I don't need your empathy or anyone else's!"

"I should leave."

"Yeah you should! You shouldn't even be here! I don't even know your name. You could be one of Jeremy's friends for all I know." I said crossing my arms.

"August" he spoke at a low tone.

"What? Is this a joke to you? I don't wanna talk about months right now!" I yelled.

"That's my name. And never in my life would I fuck with a sorry ass nigga like your boyfriend."

"EX- boyfriend" I said putting an emphasis on the ex.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"For trying to help i guess. I'll see you later ma." He said before walking out the door.

******************
Excuse all mistakes!

Well that was a Pretty intense chapter.
VOTE and COMMENT!

I enjoyed writing this chapter! It's my favorite so far. What do you think?