fifty four | the name of the doctor

Start from the beginning

And while Joseph, Kai and Dorothy had turned their attention onto Annabelle, who was running after the Doctor, before each of them had sped after her, Clara only stared after the five of them.

Then– after putting down the cups of tea in her hands– Clara quickly ran after the five of them.

* * *

Five years ago

After waking up to find himself bound to a chair, Lucien looked over at Annabelle, who was silently eyeing her eldest sibling, before he looked over at Freya and asked her, "Did you have to tie me up?"

After raising her head, Freya simply stared ahead of herself as she said to him, "This will hurt." Then she turned around to look at Lucien before she told him, "I need you not to move."

While Freya started to make her way over towards him, he replied, "You're a dark one, Freya Mikaelson." While Freya had knelt down in front of him, he said to her, "Vervain rope, penetrating spells. Throw in a Pinot and a cheap motel and you've got the beginnings of a romance."

In turn, Annabelle sighed to herself and muttered under her breath, "Oh, bloody hell."

While Lucien only chuckled to himself in response to Annabelle's words, Freya told him, "Oh, you'd have to survive this, first." After tugging onto the rope some more, she said to him, "You see, there's an anchor locking my brothers inside, something representational. That's why they can't get out. But I'm going to bust into this little mental prison and shatter it from the inside. And it's going to take most of my power and, probably, all of yours."

With his eyebrows raised, Lucien said to her, "Oh, love, my stamina's never been an issue." While Annabelle had only scrunched her nose in response to his words and Freya had only tilted her head, Lucien said to Freya, "Go on. Have at it. I'll be bound to the edge of my seat until your return."

It wasn't long after he'd said those words that Freya quickly made her way over towards the table full of candles before she raised her hands high above them and let out a sigh.

It wasn't long after she'd let out a sigh that Freya started to chant, which got Lucien to start to groan from where he was sitting and Annabelle's eyebrows to raise as she looked between the two of them with her head tilted to the side.

And while Freya continued to chant and Lucien continued to groan, Annabelle quickly looked away from the two of them and over towards the sound of approaching footsteps.

As soon as she saw a leg step out from behind a wall, Annabelle quickly sped towards the intruder and pinned them to the wall.

Just as she was about to shove her hand into the intruder's chest, she suddenly stopped when the man yelled, "Wait, wait! Annabelle, just wait!"

As she tilted her head some more, Annabelle slowly looked up at the man that she had pinned against the wall to see that it was none other than William's friend– Joseph Valentine.

With a smirk on her face, she said to him, "Well, well, well. If it isn't Joseph Valentine– the very man that William had turned into a vampire." When Joseph only gulped in response to her words, she asked him, "What are you doing here? Did William ask for you to come and keep an eye on me for him?"

Joseph replied, "He doesn't even know that I'm here. As far as he's concerned, I'm still doing the task he assigned to me."

Annabelle asked him, "And what sort of task would that be?"