fifty two | the power of three

From where he stood beside his father, Rory asked him, "What are they?"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

From where he stood beside his father, Rory asked him, "What are they?"

As he looked around himself, Brian said, "Nobody knows. But they're everywhere."

With a mere turn of her head, Amy asked Brian, "Well, where did they come from?" Then– after turning her head once more and furrowing her eyebrows– she said, "Wait."

Then– after taking a couple of steps forward and staring at one figure that was up by the hung wires on the street and the two figures that stood with their backs to Amy and Rory's home and quietly talked to one another– Amy said, "Doctor! Annabelle. Kai."

In response to hearing their names be said, the three of them turned to face Amy, Rory and Brian before the Doctor said with a magnifying glass in hand, "Invasion of the very small cubes. That's new."

* * *

As he walked around the inside of his TARDIS with the cube and magnifying glass in his hands, the Doctor said, "All absolutely identical. Not a single molecule's difference between them. No blemishes, imperfections, individualities."

After the Doctor had come to a halt over where the three of them were standing, Brian asked, "What if they're bombs? Billions of tiny bombs? Or transport capsules, maybe, with a mini robot inside? Or deadly hard drives? Or alien eggs? Or messages needing decoding? Or they're all parts of a bigger whole. Jigsaw puzzles that need fitting together."

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "Very thorough, Brian. Very, very thorough. Well done." As he put another cube onto the one that Brian was already holding onto, he said, "Stay here, watch these. Yell if anything happens."

After the Doctor had taken a couple of steps away from them, Amy asked him, "Doctor, is this an alien invasion? Because that's what it feels like."

Then Rory asked him, "There couldn't be life forms in every cube, could there?"

The Doctor replied, "I don't know. And I really don't like not knowing." Then he slowly turned around and faced the three of them before he asked, "Where are Annabelle and Kai? They were outside of the house, but they're not inside of this TARDIS. So, where are they?"

Just as Amy and Rory had opened their mouths to answer his question, they suddenly stopped when the Doctor had asked them, "Have either of you invited Annabelle and Kai into your home just yet?"

In turn, Rory asked him, "Were we supposed to?"

The Doctor said to him, "Of course you were supposed to. Vampires or half-vampires– if you will– can't stay inside of a home that they haven't been invited into by living beings that just so happen to own the house."

Then Rory said to him, "Right. And, uh, how exactly were we supposed to know any of that?"

Then the Doctor asked him, "Annabelle never told you?"