𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. triviago

Start from the beginning

Needless to say, Bennie didn’t disappoint, so Red was eager to see what kept her busy.

Once the duo had made their way through the wooded area of the island and around a few dips and turns, Bennie finally came to a halt at what seemed to be where she kept all of her inventions.

It reminded Red of a pink plastic toddler houses her father had gotten her years and years before. She missed him. She missed him a lot.

Although their last conversation wasn’t exactly one Red was proud of, she recalled every word. She especially remembered the heartwrenching feeling pounding in her chest when Shoupe had broke the news that they were moving to Charleston.

It wasn’t pleasant, and the month Red had on the island gave her time to dwell on how she treated her dad, and her actions towards him made her want to throw up. It wasn’t all her, it was him too, but Red wished she had at least done something to heal their relationship.

She also missed her best friend, Max Fischer. She couldn’t imagine how he was feeling. Red was his only friend, just as Max was hers. The thought of his reaction to hearing that she was missing made her feel like a horrible friend. Now, she had wished she told him what was going on before she climbed onto the ship.

“Red, we’re here,” Bennie called, snapping Red out of her thought and back into reality. The two stood in front of what looked like a longer version of an arrowhead that faced straight up out of the ground. Red turned to Bennie in confusion, not impressed by her… her… thing. Bennie rolled her eyes, walking a few feet away and observing the ground closely until she spotted a sprouted coconut.

“What are you doing?” Red questioned, half chuckling.

“Wait.” Bennie smiled reassuringly, bending down and grabbing onto the sprout of the coconut and beginning to pull it out of the ground. Although it took a few seconds of grunting and almost giving up to get the coconut out of the ground, which made for some high-quality entertainment for Red, Bennie eventually flew back with the momentum she used to pull the coconut out.

“Wow.” Red whooped, sarcastically clapping her hands as Bennie began to stand up again.

“That’s my cardio work for the day.”

“Yeah, looked like it.”

“Pretty sure I just killed a tree, but, have it out.” Bennie handed Red the coconut and placed her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. Red looked at Bennie in confusion. “Just… yeet it.”

“At that?”

“Yes, just throw it at it. You’ll see.”

Red rolled her eyes, nearly missing the spike as she threw the coconut at it, but the endocarp of the coconut got caught on the spike, making the coconut stop flying through the air.

“Alright.” Bennie smiled, approaching the coconut which was still attached to the spike, and pulling one side of it until part of the shell came off. Then, she gave it to Red again, and the process repeated until the Coconut was naked.

“Now what?” Red asked, throwing the coconut back to Bennie, who had a confused look on her face.

“Now what? Now we eat it. What do you think?”