yelling

Diana

We all know what happened in 2016. I don't know why everyone acts like it didn't happen. They should've talked, and they know that. So why did it happen? Who knows.

She dragged me back to the main room just for Bucky to push me against the wall.

"Do you work for Hydra!!?" He shouts with mostly anger, but I can't hear the fear in his voice.

"Not currently, no." I answer calmly because if I were to start yelling again, they would think I'm crazy.

I'm not fucking crazy.

"You're fucking lying." He is still pissed but he's not shouting anymore.

"I'm not lying, Bucky."

"Yes you are!!"

"No, I-"

"You know where they are, don't you!?" He cuts me off for no damn reason.

"Could you let me explain, James and the rest of you. I don't work for Hydra, currently, I did but not anymore."

"When did you work for them?" Peter asks, I know he is confused and I'm so sorry Peter.

I'm sorry Peter.

"Up until 2016, when the avengers fell apart and right before I met you." I answer swiftly.

"What?" Peter says but I know everyone is thinking it.

"Pretty self explanatory but whatever" I answer did I mention that he's still in my face which is unsettling considering he's like 6 foot and I'm about 5'6 but if anyone asks I say 5'8.

"Where is he."

"I don't know."

"Tell me and I'll spare your life." James says.

"You'd kill the wrong person."

"What?" He looks at me.

"I'm just saying, how would you get information if you killed me?"

He mutters something under his breath and walks away.

"Who are you?" Peter coldly says and walks up to me.

"Peter?" I look at him hurt.

"Who are you?" He asks again dragging it out in the same tone.

"Pete I'm Diana, y'know your best friend?" I'm hurt, and that doesn't happen often why has life just been one big asshole to me lately.

This past week has been the worst thing to happen but I had Peter to help me and now he can't even look at me.

I should've told him. I'm sorry so Peter.

Peter looks at me as if he doesn't know me and my heart absolutely shatters in to pieces. He is the glue I need, but it's drying.

Tears are in my eyes. Why me. I can't control any of this. If they want to get mad at someone they should get mad and him. Not me what did I do? Tell the truth? At least I told them. I don't want to be here. May I need you. Someone come get me, please.

I would say I want to go home. But as of right know I don't know where home is. I'm 16 and I need a shot, of anything I want to forget, I need to forget.

I'm trapped, like glass in bubble wrap. Let me breathe. Let me free. Let me be a bird. Let me fly.

"I don't know you anymore Diana." Peter says. He doesn't know me anymore?

I get that feeling in my nose, my throat is dry, the tears are falling out of my eyes. Not my Peter.

What more do I have without him?

'I don't know you anymore Diana.'

'I don't know you anymore'

My Peter, Pete, doesn't know me? Im lost. Get me out of the fucking maze.

Let me breathe.

Everyone is looking at me as if I'm a monster. I don't care about everyone. My true friend is looking at me as if I'm a monster.

"Pete-Peter please." I can't breathe, the words won't come out. Where is my backpack? I need it.

"Diana, we want to help." Captain America says and starts to walk towards me.

"You can't." I say and back up from him.

"Diana-" Sam starts but he doesn't move towards me. "I'll help you myself. Not with all these people just me. Can you do that for me?" He finishes.

"I- um- yea-yeah." He's going to listen to me? Should I trust him?

"Walk with me please?" He puts his hand out. I go toward him and grab his hand. He probably didn't want to grab his hand but I needed it. I think he knows it too.

His hand is slightly rough but you can tell he moisturizes. You can feel everything someone's gone through just by there hands. He's been to war. He is the Falcon I think.

Hes leading me somewhere. Away. Away from the chaos. But also away from Peter. I need Peter.

We're outside. When did we even walk through a door? I don't even know, it's a patio. There benches and pillars, there's grass. It's really green. It's a pink and purple sunset, it's beautiful. He sits on a bench, sit next to him.

He doesn't say anything for a while now.

"You aren't going to say anything?" I fill the silence

"Would you like me too?" He answers.

"I-I don't know."

"Why not?"

"It's just everyone in there sees the worst of me. But they aren't even seeing me. Their just seeing my stupid dad. I don't like him anymore than they do. The only difference between them and me is i have to live with him. Well not anymore I guess." I tell Sam truthfully.

"I get what you're saying."

"You do?"

"Yes, I get that. People seeing you for someone else. It's a stereotype. I get that. People will always see me as a black man before they see a superhero, an Avenger, they'll see a man they should have the police on speed dial, they see a burglar, gang member, someone dumb, high school dropout. My point is they'll never see me for me first. Only the stereotypes." He answers my question.

"I'm sorry Sam," I speak. "I just wish they would actually listen to us. Listen to our struggles. I guess I don't have as much as a struggle as you though."

"Why do you say that?"

"I'm half white. And I fit most of the stereotypes."

"Just because your half white doesn't mean you can erase your black heritage. I don't want to sound mean or ride but they most likely will see your black side first. But be proud of it. I'm proud to be black. I'm proud of you."

Something sounds weird about that last sentence. I've heard it but I've never heard it like how Sam just said it. It truly seems like he means it and isn't saying it just because he can.

I lean on his shoulder, "Thank you, Sam."

"You are welcome Diana."

We sit in a comfortable silence.

Peter

What the hell just happened. What the hell is wrong with them.

"Tony, you couldn't keep your mouth shut?!" Natasha starts yelling. "And James I know you didn't pin and teenager to the fucking wall."

"What the hell is wrong with all of you?" Is all I can say.

••

So a lot happened in this chapter but anyways

THANK YOU FOR 400 READS AND 16 VOTES!!

DON'T BE A GHOST READER VOTE AND COMMENT!!

don't forget to eat and drink some water!! i love you all and see you soon!! 💕