Group

Y/n

It had been a week since Daryl and Merle drove me to the Quarry.

Shane didn't like the fact I left Daryl alone in my house most the time, he also insisted I stayed in his line of sight.

I get he's just being protective but im 24 for God's sake.

He didn't like me hanging out with Daryl either which I found ridiculous.

There were other people in the camp as well. A lovely woman named Carol, she had a daughter called Sophia who was just a doll, Her husband Ed who I wanted to feed to a walker.

Another woman called Jackie, there was Andrea and Amy, and then we had T-dog, Dale, Glenn, a man called Jim and finally Morals and his family.

Talking about family, the Grimes were in distress, Rick had been shot a couple days ago, and had sadly passed away when the outbreak started, Shane helped them get out but I felt terrible for Lori, and Carl as well.

I loved them, Lori was like a sister to me, I helped her a lot and babysat Carl for her.

I'd visit quite often before I moved away seeing as Shane worked at the station with Rick, Rick was the sherif of the town.

"Hey Merle, where's Daryl?" I asked his brother who was eating some squirrel.

"Huntin'" He replied simply, seeing as if he didn't want to talk to me, I nodded before walking into the RV.

Amy was in there with Jackie, they were sat talking.

"Hey guys" I said sitting down next to Amy.

"Y/n, hi, we were just talking about what we wanted to really do with our lives" Jackie told me, I nodded.

"So what about you Y/n?" Amy asked me leaning forward seeming overly interested.

"Well, I really wanted to be a police officer, like my brother but he said it was too dangerous, I went to university and wanted to get a job in teaching, but I ended up moving and getting a job as a waitress" I began.

"And that's where you met Daryl?" Amy asked exactly curious, I laughed slightly.

"Yeah, the first day I was there, my car broke down, at the time he was helping at the mechanics, he practically saved my life" I smiled at the thought.

"That's nice, you two act like you don't know each other though, why?" Amy asked the awkward question, suddenly Andrea came into the RV.

"You don't have to answer that" She spoke to me "Amy just loves the idea of 'true love'" Andrea laughed, Jackie, me and Amy joined in.

"Daryl was my friend, nothing more, he doesn't like me like that" I waved it off, still giggling.

"Y/n, that book you finished last week, may I borrow it?" Carol walked into the RV, she had yet another red mark on her face, I exchanged a look with Andrea.

"Of course, come with me" I told her, wrapping my arm round hers, leading her to my tent which was next to Shane's.

Afrer looking around and not seeing Ed, I grabbed both her hands.

"Carol, are you alright? I can tell Shane, he'd keep Ed on the other side of camp?" I offered, she shook her head smiling.

"He's my husband Y/n, it's fine" I nodded, not believing her.

"I'll get you the book" I nodded to her.

~

Glenn was going out on one of his runs to the city, he was taking a group this time.

"Hey, I'll come with you Glenn, I could use the exercise" I came up to him smiling.

"No ya won't, you want exercise, you go for a run" Shane told me angrily

"Come on Shane, Jackie and Andrea are going, and Glenn Morals and Merle, come on" I begged, I didn't know how to kill the geeks, Shane never let me get close enough, I'd never been in action at all.

I knew basic self defence but, I don't think that'll save me from one of the creatures.

We knew to kill them now, it wasn't just a sickness that was going to pass, it was a virus that if you were bit, it killed you and turned you into a monster, the only way you could take them out was killing the brain.

"Nah, that's final" He came up right close to me.

"Fuck you Shane" I hissed at him, pissed off, I stormed back into my tent

I heard him yell after me but I ignored him.

A couple of minutes later, the zip of the tent opened, I was facing the back of the tent, although I knew it was Shane.

"Y/n, you know why I don't want you going" He started speaking to me as if I was child.

"Shane, I'm not 6 anymore, you don't need to protect me, what happens if I get split from the group? I won't know what to do. Hell I don't even know how to kill one of those things" I started off on him.

"To me, you are, you're still that little girl who cried when the ice cream truck didn't stop for her" He reminded me of our childhood.

"Shane, just let me go on runs sometimes, please?" I almost begged, he let out a sigh.

"Fine, but, I want you to give this one a miss, next trip people go out on, you can go, promise" He compromised, I lunged at him, hugging him.

"Thank you" I said whilst hugging him, he hugged me back before leaving the tent.

When I left, around 10 minutes later, the group had left, it ended up being Andrea, Glenn, T-dog, Merle, Morals and Jackie.

I decided to go help Lori with teaching Sophia and Carl, helping them with their work so Lori could take a break.

She ended up going to scavenge some berries, Shane soon went to do a check somewhere, they went in the same direction which I felt was weird, but whatever.