Chapter 13: Picking up the Trail, 100 Vampires!

Start from the beginning

With a simple motion though, Lisa Lisa waved her scarf into the air and draped it around the Vampire's body. I understood her plan, the scarf could generate Hamon. She was using it as a weapon of sorts.

The Vampire was entirely clueless, laughing the action off. However Lisa Lisa ignored him and instead approached the door, instructing "Come you two. Let's move." We both just replied "O-okay." 

As we stepped past him, Beck snapped "Hey! Don't ignore me!" Before turning to us and calling "Hey, you two! A woman like that has to be punished right?" I just raised an eyebrow as Joseph shrugged "Oh no friend, your time is up. You're the one who got punished." I added "You got a dose of Hamon. It may take a second."  

As if on cue, Hamon began rippling from Beck's body. The spikes burst off as he let out a howl of pain. Soon, there was nothing left of him. Joseph triumphantly stated "She's got what it takes! I thought she'd be weak in a fight, but she's better than me!" I looked at him dumbfounded before asking "Is that serious? Are you okay?" Joseph just returned "Fine, why do you ask?" I sighed "No reason."

Lisa Lisa enquired about why Joseph didn't take the antidote left by Caesar. However he explained that he'd take it after defeating Wammu. It wasn't a promise to Wamuu anymore. But rather a promise to Caesar. All I could say to this was "I respect that." He offered it to Lisa Lisa, however she refused. What she said stuck in my mind.

"Who knows what might happen to me..."

Timeskip...

The blood continued lead the way, the further we got, the thinner this trail became. It wasn't the guide that was the problem. If there was less blood, it could only mean one thing, Wamuu's wounds were healing. 

We came to another door and wasted no time pushing it open.

There he was, sat directly opposite us. Now I'd never met Wamuu before now, however I knew from the looks Joseph and Lisa Lisa gave him that this was him. Not to mention, I was already familiar with Esidisi and Kars' appearance.

Image of Wamuu:

His eyes opened as he slowly looked up directly at us before saying "I've been waiting

His eyes opened as he slowly looked up directly at us before saying "I've been waiting. You've grown quite a lot." I asked the obvious "So, you're Wamuu?" The Pillar Man turned to me, giving a blank expression however he regarded me respectfully. "And you, you're the one who bested Esidisi. Gyalzen, I believe?" 

I nodded as he said "From one warrior to another, you have my respect." Joseph snarled "Bastard, you killed Caesar!" He stepped forward only for Lisa Lisa to raise her arm and block his path, warning. "Calm down JoJo. Look at the floor."

Doing so, I began to notice footprints across the stone and carpet. Joseph had noticed them as well, assuring us his head was 'cool'. The fact that there were footprints weren't the problem. It was that there wasn't one set, but TWO!

Joseph exclaimed "That means Kars is here too! Where is he?! Show yourself!" Matters seemed bad enough in that moment, but then Lisa Lisa pointed out "I feel dozens of lungs breathing." Again, she was right, listening closer, you could hear faint breathing, but its origin was unknown.