Chapter 1

A/N heres your theme song

-

From a bombed building there is a sixteen year old guy spying on three people with binoculars. He growled, sounding almost feral.

He's wearing an intimidating outfit inspired by his namesake.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

There was a girl withe two adults.

Jack: Don't tell me you've started trafficking.

His voice is rough and deep and he had a Russian accent, if a corpse could speak, this is what it would sound like.

He put the binoculars in his backpack and followed the three people from the shadows.

Y/N or, Jack, knew the guy wasn't taking care of the girl. He remembered what he said when he asked if he was gonna knock up Tess.

"Y/N-"

"Don't. That name is dead."

"Jack... I won't have another kid, and I won't take care of another one."

No one except for two knows why Jack didn't want to be called by his real name, Joel and Tess knew it was because of something from his past.

-

The trio he was following stopped at a path covered with rubble.

Jack figured he would reveal himself now.

Tess: The state house is across there. It's about a ten minute walk if you could go straight.

The girl was wondering which way they would take.

???: So?

Joel: Long way or short way?

Jack: How about the 'not deadly' way.

Joel and Tess turned around with their guns ready to fire.

Jack: Always quick to the trigger.

Joel: Hands up!

Jack slowly lifted his hands, not to surrender, but to lift his bedsheet mask.
Jack had pale skin, orange eyes, H/C.

[you decide where the scar on his face is]

Joel and Tess were confused.

Tess: He said to put your hands up, not lift you mask, freak.

Jack: You really don't recognise me. I geuss it has been a few years. But, really? Freak?! Damn Tess. Put those fucking guns down!

Now they realised who it was. Joel and Tess lowered their guns.

Joel: We could've killed you, dammit!

Jack laughed and approached the three with his eyes on the girl.

Jack: Right. Who's the girl? She for me?

Jack was always flirtatious around girls. It gets under their skin because of the way he looks and sounds.

Ellie swallowed and replied with caution.

Ellie: Ellie. My names Ellie.

Jack took off his top hat which had stitches and patches and did a slight bow.

Jack: Names Jack.

Ellie shuddered at the display.

Ellie: Don't do that. You act like a serial killer and you look like one.

Jack straightened his posture and put his hat back on. If only Ellie knew the half of it.

Jack: What are you to doing with her? Trafficking?

The older southern man almost shouted at the question.

Joel: No! She's...

Joel hesitated but said it anyway.

Joel: They want to make a cure, she's immune.

Jack was silent, he didn't know if Joel was lying or not, he wanted to follow to verify.

Jack: I'll come with.

The old man sighed.

Joel: By all means. We'll check at the hotel first.

-

While walking Ellie decided to fill the silence.

Ellie: Where are they?

Tess: You'll know it when they're close.
Jack, don't kill them when we get there.

Jack: If this cure is real, all blood debts will be paid.

Ellie: Blood debts?

Tess snapped at her. She can't ask questions.

Tess: Do NOT ask questions about him.

Ellie: Okay?

Joel was lagging behind, he was acting... odd. But then again, you'd have to know his past to understand.

Tess: How did you get bit?

Ellie: You know the old mall in the QZ?

Jack: The one that is forbidden to go in?

Ellie: Whatever, I snuck in. Wanted to see what it was like. Didn't think anything was going to be in there and then one just came at me out of nowhere. It bit me.

Ellie looked at Jack with some good side eye. Her friend told her about him, showed a picture and everything. She remembered what her friend said to her.

"Don't ever go near him, he's a monster, if you ever see him, run"

Jack: And you went in alone?

Ellie:... Yeah.

Jack: You shouldn't have, it's a miracle that you can't get infected. Jeez... how old are you?

Ellie: Fourteen.

Jack: Hmm. I can sense the fear in you. Don't worry. The outfit is only ment to scare the enemy. I won't harm you unless you force my hand.

Tess simply listened to them talk, she was happy Jack was interacting with someone for once.

Ellie: Is your voice a fear tactic?

Jack: No, my vocal cords are damaged.

They climbed over a car and Tess asked about Ellie's parents or her maybe boyfriend.

Ellie: I'm an orphan and I don't have a boyfriend.

Ellie looked around and noticed the lack of infected.

Ellie: I was told there would be swarms of infected, like, everywhere outside the QZ.

Joel: Not exactly like that.

Tess: You know, people like to tell stories.

Ellie: So there aren't super infected that explode fungus spores on you?

Tess: Shit, I hope not.

Jack didn't know why Tess was lying, but he kept his mouth shut.

Ellie: Or ones that with split open heads that see in the dark like bats?

No one answered her that time because it was likely they would run into clickers.

They heard screaming followed by the crowing of crows.

Ellie: What was that?

Joel only said they should keep moving. They couldn't see it, but Jack was smiling.