2. The rumors are true

Dear diary, I just got back from school and guess what, the rumours for once are true, all of them! I know crazy right?

The new headteacher is called Mr Washington. He seemed nice at the morning assembly, at least nicer than Mr Jay was. Later in the day during the break, I met his son, I talked to him for a bit he seemed so lonely which is expected, he is the new kid after all. When we were talking I noticed that he was fidgeting quite a lot. He was looking down at the ground refusing to make eye contact and he was talking quietly, I could barely hear him. But I think he said his name was Alan or Aidan, I'm not sure though like I said he was talking quietly, I wanted to talk to him more but I couldn't because the stupid bell rang, but here's the weird thing when the bell rang the new kid flinched and quickly covered his ears. The flinching part I get but the covering ears part I don't. The new kid made eye contact with me for like a second before running off. I was and still am confused but I think he's just shy which I get because when I first moved to the school I was shy but unlike him, I made eye contact and only flinched when the bell rang.

I was walking to my last class of the day which was maths and you should know that I HATE MATHS with a burning passion! all the numbers make my head hurt and do not get me started on that dumb teacher I want to kill her! anyway. I heard crying coming from the bathroom and I got worried, I also needed a good excuse to not go to MATHS and someone crying is a good excuse to skip THAT class so I walked into the bathroom and found the new kid crying, my first thought was "Who hurt this poor kid on his first day?" I walked up to him, he was sitting on the bathroom floor which is disgusting by the way, he didn't notice me until I sat down next to him and asked him what was wrong. He made eye contact for a second before looking at the floor not saying anything. I was worried about him, I wanted to know what was wrong but it was clear that he was not going to tell me what was wrong, so I decided to try and cheer him up by telling bad jokes. After a few bad jokes, I got him to chuckle and he even said something that I could hear clearly he said "Your jokes suck." I replied with "I know they do" When I said that he looked at me confused and he asked me if I knew they suck why did I tell them. I told him I wanted to cheer him up, he asked why I wanted to cheer him up because it's not like I know him. I told him I hate seeing people upset even if I don't know them I still want to cheer them up. He looked surprised when I said that but then he softly smiled and said "Well, thanks for that" I smiled and said "You're welcome!"

I thought for a few seconds before deciding to ask him what was wrong again, he looked down at the floor again and I thought I messed up but he then said "A guy was being mean to me because I bumped into him..." I was a bit surprised that he told me, I asked him what the guy looked like and he said he wasn't paying attention to what the guy looked like but he does know his name, he said his name was Charles, when he said that I immediately knew what Charles he's talking about he's talking about that stupid Charles Lee, Charles Lee is an asshole who's a year above me, the first day I came to this school I bumped into him just like the new kid did and he was such an asshole about it even though I apologised he made me cried just like he made the new kid cry but if Charles didn't make me cry I probably wouldn't have met my besties Hercules and Lafayette I'll tell you about that day another time though, I apologised to the new kid and told him not to take his words to heart and that he's like this to everyone, especially to new kids. He stayed quiet for a minute before he quickly asked me what time it was, I told him the time and he quickly got up. "You are so late to class, I am so sorry!" he said. I got him and told him it was fine and that I hated MATHS anyway. He sighed with relief. I asked him what class he has, he told me he has English I offered to walk him to his English class. He said as long as I don't mind and of course, I didn't mind I hate MATHS!

I got up and we walked out of the bathroom as I was walking him to his English class we talked a bit more and it was nice he didn't make much eye contact during our short talk but I didn't mind, I can't lie when I say he's quite attractive, he's slightly shorter then me he has long dark brown hair that's put up into a low ponytail and I think his eye colour is light brown I don't know though because he didn't make much eye contact. Anyway just because I find him attractive doesn't mean I'm in love with him I don't know him and like I said before I'm not ready to date again. But I do hope to get closer to him and maybe become friends he seems so nice and considerate. Once I walked him to class, I went to MATHS and of course after class I went home to write in you, now my dear diary I have to go and do homework, I hate homework goodbye for now -John Laurens🖤