Chapter 6 - Human

Start from the beginning

Blonde short hair, green eyes, royal styled white clothing and has an imposing look to him. The maid had ear length black hair with a traditional style maid costume on.

The thing about the maid though is that she wasn't actually human. She had black cat ears, greenish-yellow feline eyes and a long thin black tail. Thing is though, this wasn't that surprising to me since both my parents had told me about different kinds of beast races beforehand. Oh, can't forget, there are also elves in this world as well. I bet elves look cool.

'Phew, it's good my preferences haven't changed though'

I think this because I feel absolutely nothing looking at him, he's the type of guy I could imagine dozens of women swooning over. Thankfully, I'm still very much into women. Wait, shouldn't I be into birds or dragons now? Oh, forget it, I'm being stupid again.

There is a slight problem that might arise though, I don't think anyone can compare to how I look, I'm not even exaggerating. I guess the maid is a little cute but I look way better. Okay, I have become a narcissist. I'm going to fluster myself again if I keep this up.

"W-Why am I here?"

"My men told me you could talk but actually hearing you speak... is something else"

He's a perve, isn't he? He's even got that pervert smile and seems unnecessarily happy. Why else would I be here if he wasn't?

"To answer your question, I have quite the interest in anima-"

"That's disgusting"

I blurt that out with a disgusted look on my face without thinking.

...

"Ahahahahaha... no no, I don't mean like that. You're quite an intelligent bird, aren't you?"

"Stop complimenting me and get to your point"

I'm starting to get annoyed with this guy. I know how good I am, stop complimenting me and give me a proper answer. I'm becoming arrogant as well now.

"Fine fine then. I have an interest in acquiring and collecting different and rare animal species"

"You mean like a zoo?"

"A zoo? I don't believe I've ever heard of that term"

For God's sake, I'm not explain to him what a zoo is. He and his smile are both irritating me even more. As for the maid, she's just chilling behind us not saying a word or making an expression kind of like a doll.

"*Sigh*... Can you please just explain to me what going on then?"

I facepalm while sighing, this guy is tiring, I know I'm a little impatient but still.

"Okay then. Can you remember what happened in the forest?"

"Yes. You tried to capture me and my brother"

"That dragon was your brother? Why does a rare species of bird have a dragon for a brother?"

I shouldn't have said that, the thing is, if I tell him I'm a one of kind collectable phoenix, then more problems might happen. I'll change the subject and ask something else.

"It's a little complicated. Anyhow, why did I become human and how did you get me here?"

I already know the answer to the first question but it seems like something I would ask if I didn't have my system. The second I'm a little confused on.

"I'll start with the second question since it makes more sense to answer that first. A big carriage carried you from the forest to my home"

I feel like he emphasized the word big there, I'll ignore it since he's not pressuring me on my species but I don't like it still.