Chapter 1: Death...

Why am I doing this to myself...?

====================

Soft patters of rain are heard inside a certain forest. It wasn't that heavy rain, but it wasn't light either.

The amount of rain that fell to the land of Remnant was just right to make the lone woman in a bloodied battlefield- or more like a bloodbath, feel the melancholy emotion of despair, fear...

And Death...

*Pat, pat, pat...*

The woman hears another sound.

'But there shouldn't be...'

The woman thought. Qrow had already left the area to find help, and the villagers had already evacuated.

'So, who is this...?'

Lifting her weak body slightly to see the mysterious person, she saw a young figure with a h/c hidden under a black hoodie. She figured that he was the same age as her daughter, or probably older.

Ten? Twelve maybe?

In mentions of her daughter, regrets began to seep into her, as her passing would most likely make her family extremely sad.

As the boy closes in on her, he can hear her soft sobbing. Curious, he then crouches to her dying body.

"Summer Rose... What's the matter? Why are you crying? I can already tell that you are content with your death, but there are still lingering thoughts of regrets why is that?" The boy first said, shocking the woman, now known as Summer Rose.

"How... Did you... Know my name...?" She croaked in a hoarse voice. With every second of her still alive, she can feel the life seeping away from her.

Inexpressive as always, the boy simply stared at her.

"I'm the Grim Reaper's disciple, Y/n L/n. Now, what troubles your mind?"

Summer was skeptical of his unusual sentiments, what if he was with Salem? But, looking back at him, she can tell that he isn't holding any malicious intent, and with the fact that she's dying, might as well tell him...

"I... Have a family back at home, I've left them to do my mission here, in Anima. But, I was bested in my battle against Salem..." She begins and saw the glint of recognition in his eyes.

"The Witch who defies Death... What of her? Where is she?" Y/n suddenly asked, seemingly impatient, but quickly recovering his composure. Summer can only weakly laugh, before going into a coughing fit. Covering her mouth, she can nearly see her blood splattered on her palm.

"Sorry, you can continue about your family..." Y/n assured before a vintage grey stopwatch appeared in his palm in a puff of black smoke. The timepiece has a Rose Emblem engraved on it. The watch was a rather unique thing, as the timepiece doesn't have any other numbers on its face, only a zero is at the top where the number 12 should be.

And currently, the watch's hand is nearing zero. The hand is twitching closer slowly, but most certainly surely to strike zero. Sighing softly, Y/n let the watch disappear in a black puff, returning it back to who knows where.

"...We have all the time in the world."

And so, Summer began to tell him all about her family. Of course, she has to start with her husband. Tai Xiao Long. A strong man with unmatched charisma. He was one of the members of her team back at Beacon Academy, STRQ(Strike). She also fondly told the abridged version of their members, Raven, silent but deadly. And Qrow, unlucky but a deadly drunkard. The two is a twins, bearing the Branwen family name.