3: Truce

Between work and helping Emi and Kento with the wedding you barely had time to think about anything else. Every Sunday you and Emi decided to close the cafe for much needed rest and relaxation. You started a warm bath and placed a blue bath bomb, that you had been saving for this very moment, on the edge of the tub waiting for the water to rise more before placing it in. You hummed along to the music you had playing and took a big swig from the wine bottle you had bought on the way home yesterday. There was no point in getting a glass dirty when you knew you'd polish off the bottle in no time; with the headache called Satoru you deserved this.

You walked over to your sink where you had set out a brush and your clay mask you had skipped out on doing for a while because you were too tired after your shifts and helping Emi to pamper yourself. As you swayed your hips to the song you placed the bottle down and replaced it with the brush. Scooping some of the grey clay out of the container and spreading it generously over your face. You sighed in content already feeling the way the mask was helping to further push you into a state of relaxation. You quickly got your face mask on, picked up the wine bottle, and walked over to the tub that was at the perfect level to toss your bath bomb in.

You took another sip as you watched the way the colors swirled out in blues, violets, and greens. You set your bottle over in the corner and grabbed the bow you had lazily tied around your waist and slid your rob off. As soon as it dropped to the floor you stepped into the bath one foot at a time and soon sat down letting the warmth consume you. Your sore muscles finally able to relax after a long week. You leaned your head back against the towel you had turned into a make shift pillow when you set up everything else and let your mind wander.

One minute.
Two minutes.
Three minutes.
Four minutes.
Five minutes.

Suddenly you heard your phone ping out interrupting the next song that had started playing. You kept your eyes closed deciding that anyone who needed you right now could wait because you needed alone time.

One minute.
Two minutes.
Three minutes.

Another ping rang out interrupting the song yet again which only caused your eyebrows to furrow but not to open because it had to just be a reminder from your phone letting you know you had an unread message.

One minute.

Another ping and this time you groan wondering who could possibly need to interrupt your relax time that badly. You leaned forward and dried your hands off to place your phone on do not disturb because whoever this was could wait. You paused for a second to see an unknown number had texted you several times and you wanted to rage text this stranger to fuck off. How dare they interrupt bath bomb and wine time. But when you read the messages your heart almost stopped because it was no stranger but it sure as hell was the last person you wanted to talk to.

Unknown Number:
Hey! It's Satoru. You aren't busy are you?
Unknown Number:
Who am I kidding of course you're not busy.
Unknown Number:
I need to talk to you.

How did he get your number and how could he be unbelievably annoying even through text messages. You contemplated not answering and turning your phone on do not disturb. However, he was so persistent that he would only cause you more of a headache later than if you just indulged him now. You quickly typed back hoping that the conversation could be ended quickly so you could get back to your bath. You couldn't imagine what he needed was of any importance.

You:
As a matter of fact I am busy. What is it?
You:
Also how did you get my number?

Unknown Number:
I can feel the crabbiness through the phone. Ever trying relaxing every once in a while?
Unknown Number:
Our bestie Kento gave it to me!