The Power Within the Self

The Power Within the Self is the power of achieving self-transcendence. Self-transcendence is identifying with everything believed to be parts of a unified whole. It is state of 'intuitive consciousness'. In intuitive consciousness, there is no separation between self and the universe. It is a form of spiritual union with nature and its creator, guided by a divine intelligence.

Reaching this power involves accepting and living according to (some of) the following:
1. Feeling a strong sense of unity with all the things around me.
2. Experiencing unexpected flashes of insight or understanding.
3. An intense sense of connection to nature leading to the knowledge that everything is part of one living process.
4. Feeling part of something with no limits or boundaries in time and space.
5. Feeling spiritual connections to other people that I cannot be explained in words.
6. Knowing that one's life is being directed by a spiritual force greater than any human being.
7. Sudden moments experiencing a clear, deep feeling of oneness with all that exists.
8. Getting lost in the moment - detached from time and place.
9. A sense of oneness with a spiritual force on which all life depends.
10. Seeing ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
11. Belief that all life depends on some spiritual order or power that cannot be completely explained.

232. Reports of mystical experiences are probably just wishful thinking.