The Power of the Moment

Perceptive is being fully alert and living in the moment. It is experiencing the full moment around us and not just our little insignificant thoughts. One must clear the mind of future events and replaying the past, so you can experience the entirety of the current moment in time. This is what it means to be fully alive. With this kind of awareness, a moment in time can seem to last forever.

You must not fear but be calm and have a heightened state of awareness. Fear collapses time. You do not want to collapse time, you want to expand it. Awe and wonder are feelings that expand time and slows it down. Things that move in slow motion create a feeling of awe. Fear causes you to be totally unseeing and blind to the action of the thing you are afraid of in the moment. Awe causes you to be totally seeing and taking in the fullness of what you are looking at.

Just like in our last selection about the power of time and space, a pro baseball batter may be able to slow things down when he's at the plate. To everyone else, the ball is rocketing toward the plate at approximately 100 mph, but to the focused athlete, the ball seems to slow down just for him, and present itself to him.

This is an example of time manipulation, since the perception of the person who seems to manage this trick is that time has been stretched longer or made shorter. This becomes that person's own functional reality. It's really a consciousness shift and an expanded awareness. And as we come full circle once again, it is real magic as we will see.

Clear your mind of all noise and clutter. Get unnecessary thoughts out of your head. Tune out all sound and distraction around you. Simply focus on this moment. Focus your intent. Concentrate on your abdomen and visualize projecting energy from this "will center". You must 'see' what you want to happen. Just like a pro athlete, mastery of time manipulation takes practice and perseverance.

For most rapid perception, attention must be at its maximum focus on the area of the thing to be perceived. You must intend to see everything you can in that moment of looking. When you focus only on the thing you are looking at, things surrounding will become dimmer and out of focus while moving in slow motion together with it.

Scientists have shown that mild anxiety can improve performance in some instances, but for the most part, a full-blown autonomic response is not adaptive in high stress moments. This is an example of what Taoists would call getting in your own way.

These concepts can also heal or comfort yourself. In this heightened state of consciousness, you can focus on an area of pain and send healing energy to that area through thought forms.

It is important to understand that a concentrated mind is not an attentive mind, but that a mind in a state of awareness can concentrate. Consciousness or awareness is never exclusive, it includes everything. It is not a intense exercise but rather a relaxed and free one. When you get into the calm and unperturbed state of mind of conscious awareness, you can perceive easily and nothing can happen too quickly for you. When you are able to slow time down in consciousness, you can use time as the ultimate weapon. Nothing can stop you but you can stop anything. Time is the ultimate illusion. All time is mental.

"It is not time that slows down but you that slows down". You slow down your actions to slow down the rate of things moving around you in consciousness. Then once you have that increased rate of perception, you can start moving faster again with much greater control and effectiveness. This is the secret of slowing down in order to go faster. Do not hurry because hurrying manifests fear and collapses time. Only when you are calm are you able to perceive things in slow motion.