Chapter 25: New Recruit

"I don't think I've seen anyone like you before." Megatron confessed. "Do you speak?" Ravage shook his helm before laying back down to rest his helm. Megatron once again sat next to Ravage. "I see..."

"He likes you already." Dreadwing commented. "He never lets his guard down for anyone." Megatron smiled at that, placing a servo on the feline's back. Ravage took a peak to see who was touching him, but closed his optics when he realized who it was. "So... You lost your memories, huh?" Megatron stiffened and looked up at Dreadwing. "Knockout told me you had lost your memories." He confessed.

"That's... Yes. That is true." Megatron answered. Ravage looked up, sensing the tension between the two.

"I...uh... I wanted to apologize..." Dreadwing started. "For my tone of voice." Ravage felt Megatron's servo relax on top of him.

"All is forgiven, Dreadwing." Megatron assured. Dreadwing nodded, to show he understood.

"Thank you, Megatron." Dreadwing started to walk away.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Megatron spoke. Dreadwing looked back and nodded sadly before continuing forward. Ravage nudged Megatron's servo with his face, in an attempt to comfort him. Megatron pet the beast in response. Ravage once again laid his helm and closed his optics.

(At the Autobot Base)

"You basically just let him go!" Smokescreen snapped. "I should've-- GAAH!!!" Smokescreen swung his servos up in defeat. Everyone watched the young bot stomp to his new room. Optimus followed behind him. When he opened the door, Smokescreen was sprawled out on the birth, covering his face with his servos. Not realizing that Prime was in his room.

"I'm... Sorry for your loss." He spoke softly. Smokescreen vented. Optimus spoke up again when he realized that Smokescreen wasn't going to say anything. "I'm sure... Megatron can do something about the feline." He stated hesitantly.

"How can you trust him?" Smokescreen asked. "Isn't he the reason we fought a war in the first place?" Optimus leaned against the wall, crossing his arms as if to protect the matrix within his chassis.

"When he lost his memories," he started. "When I first brought him back to base. I was skeptical at first." He confessed. "I didn't want to put the others in danger."

"But?" Smokescreen asked, hopefully.

"But the more I watched him, the more I spent time with his... Past self," Optimus looked to the ceiling. "The more I wondered how he could have started anything..." Optimus smiled. "If anything, he seemed more afraid of us than we were of him. Even if he refused to admit it." Smokescreen sat straight up, looking up to his new leader. "He wasn't very... Social at first. He used to be very reclusive, but the more he spent time with the team, the easier it was for him to trust us. Which made it easier for us to trust him."

"Mostly you?" Smokescreen teased. Optimus would've laughed if he could. But it wasn't exactly a lie.

"I suppose." He answered. "There has always been a part of me that believed I could change his mind. Though, I can't say the same for the others."

"What about Bumblebee?" Smokescreen asked.

"I'm not quite sure what he thinks of Megatron," The Prime confessed. "But I know he tries his best to make sure Megatron feels like he belongs, even if he doesn't fully trust him." Smokescreen hummed in thought.

"Do you trust him?" Smokescreen asked. Optimus paused, unsure how to answer. "You don't know, do you?" He asked. Optimus thought for a moment.

"I am aware that Megatron will regain his memories, sooner or later." He started. "It's up to him whether or not he chooses to go back to his old ways... Which is why we never gave him the exact location of our base."

"That makes sense." Smokescreen spoke.

"Come." Optimus held out a servo to the new recruit. "You were never given a chance to properly introduce yourself to the others." He assured. Smokescreen got to his pedes and followed beside the Prime.

"So... The human children," Smokescreen started. "What are they like?"

"I find that they act a lot like you." Optimus replied. "You seem like a mix between Jack and Miko."

"Who--"

"Hey, Bud!" Miko greeted. "You done with your little tantrum?" She asked.

"Tantrum?!" Smokescreen repeated angrily. Jack scoffed.

"That's funny coming from you." He grinned.

"Hey!" Miko barked. "Not like you're any better, Mister Party-Pooper!"

"Better a Party-Pooper than a Trouble-Maker." Jack growled. Smokescreen turned to the Prime.

"I don't act like that, do I?" Smokescreen whispered.

"Jack. Miko. Enough." Optimus ordered, walking towards the children. Miko stormed to Bulkhead, leaving Jack by himself.

"Sorry, Optimus..." He mumbled; crossing his arms. Optimus vented, nodding at the boy. Optimus turned to Smokescreen.

"This is Jack." He spoke.

"Hi..." Jack waved up at the newbie.

"Hey, Bud." Smokescreen spoke eagerly. "You okay?"

"Yeah..." Jack sighed, smiling up at the racecar.

"So... Do you like racing?" Raf spoke suddenly. Smokescreen raised a ridge. "I mean-- You chose a sports car as your vehicle mode, so I thought..."

"I mean... My vehicle form can go over 150 miles per hour!" Smokescreen boasted.

"150?" Miko repeated. "That's sounds fast! You, Bulkhead and Bumblebee should race!"

"Miko..." Bulkhead warned. "I told you what happened the last time we tried to race." Miko pouted, crossing her arms.

"Well I think Vince deserved it..." She muttered under her breathe.

"Whoa-- Hey! He may be a jerk, but no one deserves what Knockout did." Jack argued. "Not even Vince."

"Wait-- What happened?" Smokescreen asked.

"It's a long story." Arcee spoke.

"You just don't want to admit that you disobeyed Prime's orders." Bumblebee teased.

"You didn't exactly obey orders either, Bee." Arcee retorted, servos on her hips.

"Will you guys quit it!" Ratchet snapped. "I can't think with all this bickering!"

"Sorry, Ratchet." Bumblebee beeped. The doctor only responded with a groan. Smokescreen turned to the smaller human.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Raf." He replied.

"Nice to meet ya, Raf!" Smokescreen chirped. "Jack, Miko." Jack nodded in response. Miko gave a thumbs up. The race car looked to his leader. "So... Uhm. Who is my charge?"