Chapter 11: No One Shall be Left Behind

"It's been awhile, Soundwave..." Starscream spoke. "Maybe we should just... wait and see what happens?" Soundwave stomped towards the seeker.

"I'm not leaving my Master..." he growled. His tone low and threatening. "I know what you're thinking, Starscream..." he muttered. "I know better than to trust your judgement..." Starscream's figure faltered, as he tried to back away. But, Soundwave kept getting closer. "Stand down..." Starscream cowered, eventually backing into the wall. Suddenly the spy turned, silently taking his leave.

Starscream's POV:

I stood there, stiff. I've never heard Soundwave's real voice before. It's frightening to say the least. Once he was out of sight, I was greeted with another familiar, yet friendly face.

"What did you do this time?" He asked, irritated. "I thought you said you were gonna speak with Soundwave?" I glared at the doctor.

"I tried..."

"Let me guess... Another failed attempt to overthrow Megatron?" He asked, expectantly. "You do realize that he is the one who started this whole war? It'd be hard to forget someone as bold as him..."

"Yes... As you've told me for the millionth time..." I sagged.

"And I'll gladly remind you! Until you realize that despite his lack of memory, he WILL come back to take control of the situation..." I rolled my optics. Despite his annoyance, he was right. No one would take me seriously when compared to Megatron. Even D-16 had done more than I ever could. Knockout vented, he seemed tired.

"Maybe you should get some rest..." I requested.

"No. I can't do that..." He spoke. "Unlike you, I want to at least try and find his location. Otherwise, Soundwave will have my helm..." Knockout turned to make his exit. "Try to stay on Soundwave's good side, won't you?" he mocked. Turning back his helm to face me. "I'd rather not have to sweep your motionless framework off the floor..." And with that, he left.

(At the Autobot Base):

He had a very bad feeling. He knew something was going to happen. If not now then soon. He wondered if the others felt the same dark sensation he did. "Megatron" he spoke to himself. "They called me Megatron..." Then he started to remember. They've tried to call him by that designation, but his processer would always malfunction. He had heard the name before, but could never find where he's heard it from. Which is why he freezes in place whenever the name was announced. He was trying to figure out who the designation belonged to. "I gave myself a real name..." he whispered. He already knew that Megatronus wasn't his real designation. It was a nickname given to him for his reputation back in Kaon.

"Megatronus?" he turned to see Optimus standing behind him, he seemed concerned. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"They called me Megatron, did they not?" the gladiator asked. Hoping for reassurance. The Prime froze, startled at the question.

"Yes..." he spoke, in a saddened tone.

"Megatronus was a nickname, giving to me when the higher locals realized I never had one..." he explained.

"I know..." the Prime spoke.

"Model D-16, created to mine for materials used to build the foundations of our legacy." he announced. "I was supposed to be sent out as scrap, once they were finished with me. But my Master saw it as wasted potential..." Optimus only stared at the weary gladiator. "He gave me two choices..." he paused. "Fight in the arena or be thrown away like scrap..." The warlord scoffed. "Not like there was much difference... I would've been scrapped anyway if I had lost against my opponent."

"Then... why fight at all?", the Prime asked. Megatron froze.

"I... don't know." he replied. "I felt... apprehensive..." Optimus froze at the tone of Megatron's voice. "Like I didn't have a choice..." Megatron vented. "When I fought my first opponent... I didn't feel like myself..." Megatron stared at his servos. "It was like... someone had ordered me to fight... As if I wasn't the one in control..." Megatronus looked up at the Prime, who seemed very concerned, more than usual.

"Is that all?" Optimus asked.

"No..." Megatronus spoke. "I...I have this feeling... Like something bad will happen..." he confessed. "Something is going to happen today..." he spoke aloud to himself. Optimus composure stiffened.

"How do you know?" he asked.

"I-I don't know..." Megatron answered. "I just...have a feeling."

"Prime!" Agent Fowler's voice cam through the screen. "We have reports of a break in at military headquarters. A jet modeled after a MQ-9 Reaper crashed in and stole a numerous amount of military weapons and technology as well as the information we usually keep locked away." Optimus glanced at Megatron, who seemed just as confused as he was.

"Soundwave..." he whispered to himself. Megatron turned towards him, hearing the name. "Do you know where he went off to?" the Prime asked. Megatron looked back up at the screen.

"One of the service members claimed that the jet flew South..." Fowler answered.

"But..., why would Soundwave want to steal human technology?" Megatron asked aloud.

"To possibly make a statement?" the Agent spoke. "If so, not entirely sure what point he'd want to prove..."

(At the nemesis...):

"I'm still not entirely sure what he'd want to do with all this junk..." Knockout commented.

"Megatron planned on creating a weapon powerful enough to restore Cybertron, using what we could of planet Earth..." Soundwave explained.

"Well he certainly didn't tell us about this plan..." Knockout pouted, crossing his arms.

"He wasn't going to... Not until he made his final decision." Soundwave spoke.

"What decision?" Starscream asked. Soundwave hesitated.

"He wasn't sure whether he should destroy Earth to restore our home or spare the creatures of Earth and reside within it..."

"Spare the humans? Even after what Silas did to one of our own?!" Knockout growled.

"After many years of human research... He decided upon treating humanity with as much respect as he would any other mech... Considering he found many similarities between their species as well as our own..." Soundwave explained.

"Then why try to act upon a plan he has yet to decide on?" Starscream asked. Soundwave remained silent.

(Finally, something interesting is going on! Now I just need to figure out where to go from here...)