The next day she went to school where it was announced that a music completion was being hosted for third years with the other schools around and those interested had to prepare.

It was a hosted every three years for some reason and it happened to fall on this year.

Cheng Qi stood in front of class to announce some details that was necessary.

"So if you can sing or play any instruments, you are qualified. Any instruments are welcome. The sele...." Someone interrupted at the back.

" What about dancing? It is part of music right? "

He shifted his glasses and continued." Only dancing is not allowed. If you can sing and dance then it's a plus. Or perhaps play an instrument and still dance then it's your own decision. But the two main requirements are singing or playing instruments. Understand?"

The class chorused a ' Yes Sir'.

" As I was saying, the selection of the representatives of the school will be decided next week and only five spots are available."

" Only five spots? " Shen Hui asked loudly what everyone had in mind.

" Yes. So bring forth your best foot forward but don't forget we still have to study because we have Exams to write soon."

The time used for lessons were shorter to give the third years time to do study on their own or practice.

Wang Linxue sat with Long Yue and Chi Minxia in the cafeteria making small talk while she ate cup jelly.

" You know, you should try . Given you practiced piano as a child." Wang Linxue commented to Chi Minxia who was sipping a drink.

" Are you kidding? I never took it that serious. I suck at it so stopped practicing." She shrugged.

" Why are you nominating Minxia? You on the other hand are good at the violin. You won first place back in Middle School violin tournament. You should try." Long Yue nudged her while looking into a book.

" I've won just one trophy." She deadpanned.

" Yeah . Because you've only competed once. I wonder why though." She placed her chin in her hand in thought.

"Anyway give it a shot. What could happen? You could ask your fiance to help you." Chi Minxia teased wiggling her eyebrows before giggling.

" What? He doesn't play the violin."

" I bet he doesn't." Chi Minxia winked leaving her confused.

" Ah?"

"Well if you don't, someone else will need his 'help' . Long Yue finger quoted.

" I don't get you girl." Long Yue lifted her eyes from her book for the first time.

" Get what?" Wang Linxue scooped some jelly on her small spoon and bit into it.

" You've got such a hot fiance. One of the most handsome I've seen in a while. " She started to count her fingers.

"He's smart, not a playboy or a douche. He's from one of the most elite families meaning they're loaded and he actually likes you. But yet you, you still want to break of the engagement! No offense but are you dumb? "

"Since when were you so.... fierce." Wang Linxue stated a bit surprised. Long Yue had never called her dumb before.

" She's right." Chi Minxia shook her disappointedly.

"I..." What was her excuse now? At first ,she thought he was just a character and could only love his female lead.

She thought everyone here had a role they played so nothing major could change and the storyline would just progress.

But after all Uncle Lao told her and showed her it was a wrong mindset. They were all living their lives and aren't fully bound to the plotline.

Now, Long Yue had brought her mind to it and she didn't even know what to say.

" Are you going to take your shot?" Chi Minxia teased.

"I guess." Wang Linxue blushed red with her eyes lowered unsure.

"Well you better hurry. I don't trust your sister one bit and if you don't make up your mind, she's going to make it for you."

Vote and Comment Thanks for reading.