The Heedful Question

Start from the beginning

"I have this gut feeling that you're in need of help, that you're waiting for me to find you... but he just doesn't seem to understand," she sighed, frustration evident in her voice.

"Seri, too, advises me to move on, to close this chapter of our love... but... but I can't bring myself to do it," she confessed, her heart torn between the advice of her loved ones and the unyielding hope that still burned within her.

"I pray every night for the day you will be free and return to me," Jisoo thought, her silent plea echoing in the depths of her heart. However, her thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the cries of her three-year-old son. He carried the name of her father, Jinhee, and bore a striking resemblance to his own father. Every feature on his face, from his eyes to his mouth, was a mirror image of Taehyung, a constant reminder of the love and loss that intertwined in her life.

Jisoo hurried to her son's crib, her maternal instincts kicking in as she saw him sucking his thumb, a telltale sign of hunger. With a gentle smile, she scooped him up and prepared his bottle, cradling him in her arms as she sat in the rocking chair. She swayed back and forth, the rhythmic motion lulling him to sleep. As she gazed down at her son, a warm smile graced her lips, her heart filled with love and bittersweet memories of his father that reflected in the child's features.

"Is he okay now?" Jisoo was taken aback by Jungkook's sudden appearance at the door. She offered him a smile and gently walked over to the crib to carefully lay Jinhee down.

"He was just hungry...he's fine," Jisoo reassured Jungkook as she made her way to the window to close it. Jungkook smiled softly, understanding the significance of her nightly ritual of looking out the window, a silent gesture of hope and longing for her loved ones to return.

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" Jungkook spoke in a hushed tone, mindful of not waking Jinhee. Jisoo furrowed her brow slightly at his expression, but she nodded in response and moved to sit on the edge of the bed, ready to listen to what he had to say.

"What would you say if I told you that love is not always meant for everyone?" Jungkook posed the question to Jisoo, leaving her slightly puzzled. Jisoo couldn't help but feel confused by his statement, wondering why he would say such a thing to her.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked him, her confusion evident in her voice. Jungkook moved towards the bed and took a seat beside Jisoo.

"What I mean is that sometimes two people are destined to fall in love, but not meant to be together," Jungkook explained, his gaze fixed on Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo was left feeling completely bewildered and perplexed by his words.

"You're saying this because Taehyung disappeared?"

"You believe that we're not meant to be together, even though we love each other and have children?" Jisoo asked, her eyes widening in surprise. Jungkook let out a sigh and gently took her hand in his.

"I never meant to imply any of that!"

"I just wanted to know your honest thoughts on the matter...!"

"Do you think that love is not meant for everyone?" Jungkook reiterated his question. Jisoo gazed into his eyes and saw a familiar reflection, one that reminded her of the gaze she had once shared with Taehyung.

"No!"

"Love is meant for everyone.... love is, and should be, meant for everyone!" Jisoo firmly answered his strange question. A small, melancholic smile tugged at the corners of Jungkook's lips in response.

"I disagree!"

"I don't think that everyone will find true love, it's just not meant for everyone!"

"Perhaps it was fated for some to cross paths but not meant to be in the end," Jungkook stated before releasing her hand and stepping away.