A Little Blood with Your Coffee

•Y/N: Your Name
•F/N: Father's Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

For once, the smile he wore on his face at work was pure and genuine. Rich greeted each and every customer with a cheerful spirit, beaming nonstop with a radiant light of absolute joy. It was hard not to notice. Even his coworkers couldn't help noting the difference in his behavior.

"You seem to be in a good mood today, Richard. Did a girl ask you out?" One dared to joke as they worked together behind the counter. Now the normal internal response would've been something along the lines of, "Drop dead. It's none of your business", but even the pain of socializing with the filthy insects of the world couldn't bring down his mood. Turning towards the male barista, Rich nodded his head, grin ever present.

"Yes, actually. A good friend of mine. I was really hoping she would, and I've never felt happier." He couldn't help being so honest with his response. He was so giddy.

"Aye! Way to go!" Rich nearly scowled when he received a congratulatory pat on the back, swiftly reverting to his old thoughts, though his smile stayed on.

'Don't touch me, you parasite.' A chuckle fled from his lips, a bit bitter to the ears, but the man didn't notice as they went back to work, allowing Richard to slip back into his daydreams about his flower. While she has stayed closed up in her aunt's house, true to the words she had told him, that didn't stop him from dropping by after shifts to keep her company. It took everything in him not to go daily, but every other day worked just as well. Y/N was always his during the night.

After all, they are a pair now. He could visit her whenever he damn well pleased, and she would always greet him with open arms at the door. God, how he melted into her embrace as he squeezed her back with all his might. Once, he couldn't even contain himself from lifting her up and spinning her around. Her laughter had been music, pure music, like an angel's heavenly tone. He felt like he was dreaming. It was too perfect to be real, and yet, she had claimed him as hers. There was just one little nuisance— An itty bit speck, if you will.

That father of hers.

   Who does he think he is, giving him such dirty looks as if he was out to get his daughter. He would never. His precious rose~ He'd sooner kill himself than pierce a thorn through her petals. Him on the other hand... Well, let's just say his death was already in the works, but this particular part of the plan would be the most tricky. He will have to ensure Y/N won't be in the vicinity, which will be difficult. The only time her dad seems to leave her side is to go to work— A pain in the ass, since the only time he'd be able to reach him would be on his way to the... Car. Richard's eyes lit up with glee as a wider grin broke out across his face, revealing his teeth. His coworkers were none-the-wiser, actually finding it endearing how he must've been so happy about his new relationship. Well, he supposed this would be a contribution to that.