Chp-9

Author's Pov

"Can you pass me the ginger?" The maid did as instructed by the young girl, Freya was busy making hot ginger and lemon tea for that untamed beast. She knew he will again lash on her but she couldn't get herself to step back from her responsibility.

The maid silently watched the innocent girl concentrating on making the effective tea, she couldn't help but feel bad for her. She had been working for this family only for the last four years but she had seen Freya taking care of each and everything that belonged to Leonard with her all might. Freya's love and longing for that man were not hidden from anyone that knew her.

She had no idea why Mrs. Steve would ask this young girl to take care of the man who had never let the chance to de-grade her go, Freya should be given a proper time to get herself together after what that ungrateful man did to her but instead, his mother left her to be his caretaker. Freya was adored by every servant of this house as they were only familiar with her patient and lovable nature.

Just when she was done with making the tea she grabbed the tray and walked towards his room, the moment she reached her steps halted in front of his door the way he snapped at her in the morning flashed in her mind. She shuddered remembering his murderous glare and hoarse voice filled with nothing but venom.

Taking a deep breath she reminded herself to endure his behavior for just the next few days, she gently opened the door knob and stepped in only to find the space completely empty. He was nowhere to be seen and this concerned her right away, even though his fever subsided a bit but he still had a fever, he should only be resting for at least two more days.

She placed the tray on the side table and grabbed the bedsheet that had been thrown on the floor which confused her but ignoring everything she was ready to walk out to find him. The moment she took a step towards the door she heard a screeching sound making her turn around right away. There he was coming out of the bathroom and his condition baffled her even more.

There was a towel wrapped around his torso while the freshwater was dripping on his toned chest, his hair was slightly wet and everything indicated only one possibility. He was taking a shower which he shouldn't have after all the moment he stepped out he looked the same as yesterday. The improvement he had in the morning again washed away because of his reckless action of jumping in the water again.

Her eyes widened in alert as she abruptly moved to him when he stumbled on his feet, his half-naked frame indeed spread a light red hue over her pale cheeks as she had never seen any man like this before. But giving all her attention to him her mind got filled with nothing but worry and concern for him.

"Leonard," Her soft voice filled with care made him look up with a hazy gaze feeling a thumping pain in his head.

Leonard after kicking her out kept on fighting within himself, he wanted to tell himself that he didn't care if she was hurt or not, he never regretted anything then why he felt a tingling sensation over his chest when he noticed how scared she looked when he snapped at her. After beating his mind for a while he decided to take shower after he felt quiet a better.

But the moment he finished showering all he felt was pain and tiredness, he once heard that you shouldn't shower when you were still recovering from the fever but he did. Now he was indeed questioning himself why he did that, having no way out left he exited dabbing the towel over his torso and having a hard time walking only to be welcomed by the sweetest voice he ever heard.

"What are y---" He took a step ahead trying to ask her why she came back. But before he could even complete his sentence his body stumbled badly and he was sure the floor will be his destination.