Chp-2

Author's Pov

"You can't do this to her Leo!" His father resorted in an enraged voice making the young man chortle in disbelief.

"Dad! I already told you I don't want this engagement when you called me two years ago!" He snapped back staring matching his father's glare.

"I told you then and there that it was a sham of an engagement, I don't want to be tied up with a low-class girl, I have some standards, some conditions, and some demands that I want to see in my woman and she has nothing, absolutely nothing! " Ajax fell silent after hearing his son's venom-filled voice.

He always thought that his son was serious about Freya when he left for his higher studies, Freya was the perfect epitome of the woman any dominant man would kill to have. She was a submissive, innocent, and educated woman who knew how to make a home, and how to take care of her husband's wishes but now what?

Witnessing his son's anger and hearing his egoistic commands he knew Leonard has gotten out of hand, he wanted a girl as he brought with him, she was nothing like Freya. A complete opposite to be precise. That girl had the confidence to look right into Ajax's eyes, she even dared mock their childhood engagement telling the old man how immature they were to get little kids to get engaged with each other.

Steve's family's men always engaged to their future wives in their childhoods that's why when Ajax adopted Freya from one of his friends he knew she could be molded the way her son wanted her to be. Leonard was a little more possessive, obsessive, and protective in his childhood when it came to Freya that's why Ajax thought that she would be a perfect match for him.

But now all his fantasies seemed to be fallen apart after seeing his son rebelling against his decision, both his son and the woman he wanted didn't seem to back off. Their hands were clutched tightly as Leonard openly declared his love for this girl named Janet. Ajax couldn't look into too Freya's eyes anymore. For the first time, he felt disturbed and embarrassed, he was the one who told her again and again that she was his son's woman but now what? His son refused to accept her.

"She waited 10 years for you Leo," His voice turned softer as he thought about how it will break that fragile girl. She didn't deserve this heartbreak. She really didn't.

"I don't care, I never thought you guys will take this childish engagement this seriously! The era has changed dad and people too, I don't want to be bound to that girl. She repulses me!" Ajax snapped his eyes at Leo in shock, and Freya repulses him.

"Did you see her dressing sense? Her way of walking and most important the way she couldn't even look into my eyes for more than two seconds. You want me to accept such a girl. I have some standards dad, I can't even introduce her as my relative than to tell people that she's my fiance. No, I can't lose my face!" Ajax stared at his son with disbelief.

Was this the same man who couldn't leave Freya alone even for a minute? What had happened to him? Even Ajax went overseas for higher studies and he met Sofia after 12 years but he never forgot about her instead the moment he came back he urged his parents to tie her to him for his whole life but now it seemed like his son indeed had moved on.

"I can't do this injustice with her, only she has the right to end this engagement. If she said to me personally that she doesn't want to marry you anymore then I will accept to end this engagement otherwise," He paused giving sore eyes to the arrogant girl beside his son.

"Break up with her." With that, the man sprinted to his room while Leo cursed under his breath.

"Leo, what will we do now? Seems like your father wouldn't let you end this engagement." Janet questioned making him sigh heavily.