♥ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 - ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴꜱ ♥

Izuku hung his head, his eyes filling with tears. This was his worst nightmare, someone finding out that he was schizophrenic. And it just had to be the most popular guy in U.A, out of everyone... 

"Hey, freckles..." Katsuki said softly, hooking his hand under Izuku's chin to lift up, so Izuku's watery, glazed emerald eyes looked into Katsuki's own ruby ones. "No matter what it is, I'm not going to think of you any differently. You're still the same Deku, no matter what it. I won't tell anyone, whatever it is that you want to tell me. Okay? Not a soul, this stays between you and me. You don't have to if you really don't want to, but can you please tell me why your upset?" Katsuki requested, looking down at Deku with a soft smile on his features. 

Izuku nodded. Despite Katsuki having a reputation of being a player, he really did trust him, so, so much. As long as he stayed true to his word, everything should be fine. No one would find out, and it would stay their little secret. "Kacchan..." He began, but the words choked up in his throat the very second he tried to say them. "I..." 

Katsuki moved a little closer to the greenette and wrapped his strong, muscular arms around him, engulfing the smaller and younger boy in an embrace. 

"Kacchan. I'm... schizophrenic." Izuku whispered, sniffing into Katsuki's blazer, and losing himself well and truly in the aftershave that it smelled like. It was nice, it really was. 

Katsuki was at a loss for words. He really didn't know what to say in response to that, and he really didn't actually know what Schizophrenia was. The only time he had seen it depicted in the media, it was compared to playing a virtual reality headset, for some. And so, he just held Deku closer, to let the green-haired teenager cry on his shoulder. He always knew there was something special, something different about Deku. But, he really wasn't expecting something like this. 

"I'm gonna admit it now, I'm not very educated on what that means for you, but that sounds really rough, freckles." He admitted. "I'm not going to tell anyone, and I'm so glad you've trusted me with this." He smiled, as he felt Izuku's arms wrap round him just a little bit tighter. 

"Thank you, Kacchan... seriously, you're the first person I've stumbled across to not treat me differently because of it." He admitted, his voice very quiet. Even the librarian couldn't hear, she was on the other side of the room after all. No one else was in this library currently, and that fact was one that greatly comforted Izuku. 

"It's nothing Deku... just the idea of treating you differently because of something you can't control is just fucking stupid, honestly." He confessed. 

Izuku nodded in agreement to that, he had never understood why others did that. He wasn't hurting anybody, so what was the big deal about it? 

"So... you've obviously been homeschooled because of that, and how unaccepting other people are, but why have you entered high school now?" He asked, running his hand through Izuku's veridian curls.

"I'm not the only one in my family with issues with my health. My mum used to homeschool me, but now she can't, because her arthritis has gotten to the point where she can't even leave her bed without pain, and she doesn't want to-- or simply can't-- teach me everything that I need to know from her bed. Plus, she thought I needed to go make some proper friends, and I guess I sort of have done so." Izuku admitted.

"Wow... that sounds rough for the both of you." Katsuki admitted, holding Izuku a little bit closer. "Makes sense, and I guess that one woman can't teach you everything that you need to know about everything, especially not with an illness like that." He added. "So, you came here and tried to hide your Schizophrenia from people, because you worry that people will shun you away because of it... is that right?"

"Yeah, it's pretty accurate to the truth. I just want to be perceived as normal, despite this stupid illness." Izuku said miserably, placing his head upon Katsuki's shoulder.

"How long have you had it?" Katsuki asked, and upon hearing Izuku didn't reply instantly, he added: "You don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

"I... don't know how long I've had it. I do know that I was very... strange compared to the other children around me, but my mum had no idea what could possibly be wrong with me. I was tested for many things, autism being one of them. But, those tests came back negative... we only really started to figure things out when we looked at my father's medical records. He himself was schizophrenic, and so it was looking likely that the gene that caused that for him, had been passed onto me. We couldn't ask if he was still schizophrenic because he moved away when my mum was expecting me. I don't know what on earth he's up to now, but I haven't seen him... ever, I don't think." Izuku explained.

Katsuki listened intently, and nodded at the appropriate moments, and when Izuku finished, he accompanied what Deku had said with a: "That totally makes sense, but that must suck not having a father figure. I couldn't imagine my old man not being around, even if he is a bit boring." 

Suddenly, the bell resounded around the two of them, causing the two boys to separate. They were embarrassed, like they had been caught doing something forbidden. Two guys embracing, alone, in a library, did look a bit suspicious. 

Izuku was the first one to stand up and actually make a move. "Uhm... uh, bye Kacchan." He said, throwing his canary yellow backpack onto his back. 

"Izuku, don't bother coming here at lunch. Not for any bad reasons, but I heard it's gonna be shut, and I have a football match to train for with the guys anyway. Thanks for telling me about what you just told me." He said with a soft, loving smile on his flawless face. 

Izuku nodded, and just headed off, embarrassed about what he had just confided to Katsuki just now. No one was meant to find out. 

. 。・゜✭・🧡 ᴛɪᴍᴇꜱᴋɪᴘ 💚・✫゜・。.

Izuku's hand closed around the door handle, and he opened it with an unusually slow twist of his hand. How accepting Katsuki had been when he had told him he was schizophrenia had really messed up the greenette. He wasn't expecting that at all, and he was so confused. 

He slipped his bag off his back, dumping it on the floor in the hallway. Before slipping off his shoes and making his way through to the living room, and sitting down on the fabric sofa with his head in his hands. 

A/N: I wrote that fairly quick, and now things are getting spicy! Here comes all the drama in the next few chapters, so heads up! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night! 

-River 💕