I never would have guessed

"My new question is what's your opinion on Hank?" You asked Nines while he collected the things you needed, he paused for a moment and turned to you. "I am not sure... sometimes I feel as if he likes me however sometimes I feel as if he hates me. I am not sure if it's because he sees RK800 as his son but I feel as if that makes him dislike me because I look so much like him." Nines told you with a frown on his face, he then turned away once again his focus now back on making you dinner.

"Hanks an odd one, it just takes time for him to warm up to people and at first he saw you as someone who was going to replace Connor. But take if from someone who knows Hank pretty well, he likes you even if he doesn't show it a lot." You explained to Nines as you stepped towards him to see what he was doing, looking around his body you saw him sorting out ingredients. "Nines..."

"But I do like the Lieutenant... I just feel as if sometimes he wants me gone, because you and RK800 are like his family even though you are not related by blood." Nines admitted as he looked over at you, you knew for a fact Hank didn't want him gone. He just took his time to start liking people. "Don't be so silly, he doesn't want you gone." You reassured him reaching a finger out and poking it into his left cheek.

"I believe you, now we really must get on with making your dinner." Nines stated as he passed a chopping board towards you, expecting you to take it from him. "You sure you trust me to chop things up?" You questioned as a small smirk quirked up onto his lips, his face turning to look at you once more.

"I trust you, but I will still criticise any mistakes that you make." Nines informed you, glaring at him you snatch the chopping board from him watching as his smirk grew. "Oh yeah I have no doubt about it..." You grumbled walking over to a different counter and placing the chopping board down.

"You need the-"

"Say one more word and I will stab a knife into your hand, I know to get the ingredients." You threatened turning to look at the back of Nines's head.

"I was just reminding you, Y/N." Nines said shooting a smirk your way the ingredients in his hands. "You're definitely still annoying as a Deviant." You declared stomping over to him and holding your arms out for him to give you the ingredients.

"Noted." Nines said as he passed you the ingredients.

Moving away from Nines you went back to your counter and began to chop the things Nines had given you, wanting to give him a break from your questions you stood in silence just getting on with it. The only noise in the room being the sounds of you and Nines preparing food.

"Why have you stopped asking questions?" Nines asked his voice holding curiosity in it, stopping you place your knife down and look over to him. His back was turned to you.

"I just didn't want to overload you with questions and stress you out." You replied as Nines hooked his chin over his shoulder and looked towards you. "I am not feeling stressed, I want to answer any questions you have. You have gone a long time not knowing what I am, you have a right to ask whatever you want." Nines told you as he let out an unneeded sigh of relief, he seemed so at peace with himself right now.

"Okay," you paused and took a deep breath which made Nines's expression become one of concern, "isn't Gavin the biggest dick you've ever met?"

The moment your question left your mouth Nines started to laugh 'I can get used to hearing him laugh this much...' you thought to yourself while staring over at him.

"Yes I believe... he is..." Nines answered through his laughter while trying to stop it from continuing to slip from his mouth. "I must inform you that I am certain he has feelings for you."