I'm glad this is different...

"Been awhile since we went to a crime scene that Connor and Hank wouldn't be at too." You murmured over the quiet music that was playing in your car. "Yes it has been, it is odd to think about how much has happened since then." Nines said he was the one giving your directions whenever needed.

"Jesus... yeah a lot has happened since that day..." You mumbled while reminiscing that exact day.

"Turn left," Nines directed so you did exactly that and turned left, "now just keep driving straight for awhile."

Glancing over at Nines you couldn't help but notice that for once he wasn't looking out the window having a villain arc, instead he was staring towards the speakers in your car that were playing the music. Looking back to the road you came up to a light that was turning red, instantly breaking.

"So triple homicide..." You mumbled hating the silence between you and Nines.

"Would you like to go out somewhere this evening?" Nines asked out of the blue, his head turning to look at you his eyes boring into yours. "I apologise I did not mean to be rude and ignore your statement."

"You wanna go out? Again?" You questioned Nines who nodded immediately, then tilted his head at you. "Perhaps we should avoid alcohol this time, though." Nines stated his eyes going wide for a moment like he was remembering something. "The light is going green."

Looking back to the road you start driving once more. "Maybe we should wait and see how the rest of the day goes... if I'm too tired I probably won't want to go out." You told him putting a half smile on your lips.

"Of course, I would dislike for you to become more tired. If you choose not to go out we could always do the same as last night." Nines said before going quiet once more, it made you happy that Nines seemed to want to spend time with you. Maybe he actually enjoyed your company nowadays.

After another ten minutes you arrived at the address of the triple homicide, it was a small bar like one Hank would probably like. Cutting the engine off you turned to look at Nines, he was already looking your way.

"You sure this is the place?"

"Yes, I am certain." Nines replied he unbuckled his seatbelt and turned away opening his door to get out. You just shrugged and did the same as him.

The two of you passed through the Do Not Cross holographic tape heading straight for the door, pushing it open you were instantly met people bustling around the bar.

"Detective L/N! Thanks for coming to help us." One of your colleagues called out as they approached you, one of the bodies was already in your sights. It was obviously a human man his body was slumped over the bar. "Happy to help where it's needed." You told them then gestured your hand out towards the body. "Where are the other two bodies?"

"Over there, not really sure if they knew one another. But we got multiple calls about a shooting, these three unfortunately turned up dead." Your colleague explained as they pointed over to one of the booths, two more bodies were there. One was laid on the floor just by the booth and the other was laid across the seat the head hanging over the side. "People are questioning the owner as we speak, said she had no idea what the hell was going on. Usually a peaceful neighbourhood."

"Were they all shot?" You questioned seeing Nines move over to the body slumped over the bar. "Yeah all three of them, don't know if it was just someone who felt like shooting people today or whether it was planned." Your colleague answered giving them an appreciative nod you step over towards Nines, his LED was flashing yellow indicating that he was scanning the body.

"He has two bullet wounds, one in his abdomen and one in the chest. The one in the chest is what killed him, it pierced his lung so he drowned in his own blood." Nines informed you and you let out a long breath.