Trust me

You just followed behind Nines as he led out the front of the house and allowed you to just stand in silence for as long as you needed. Surprisingly he was good with these things, he didn't try and pester you or force you to tell him what was wrong. He just left you alone...

"Do you think he was going to say club?" You asked Nines whose attention turned back to you, his LED going yellow. "It seems like the most likely thing he was going to say." Nines answered before looking away from you once again, you let out a sigh and then say. "But there are so many clubs in Detroit nowadays... how are we supposed to find their one?"

"I don't know." Nines replied, bluntly, his answer confused you he normally had a suggestion or answer for everything but this time he replied something so... human like. "Not a single suggestion?" You questioned as Nines's gaze returned to you.

"Would you like one?" Nines asked in return making you nod hoping he'd have a suggestion that made sense. "We could see if anyone from past cases involving violence or threats against Androids owns a bar..."

"That's actually a pretty good idea, why didn't you say that to begin with?" You asked while Nines stared down at you a small frown forming on his face. "Because there is a likelihood that the person who owns this 'club' does not have a criminal record. They want to stay hidden." Nines replied making you look down at the ground in disappointment.

"Detective... you can talk to me if you need to... I know I may not be able to support you the way RK800 or Lieutenant Anderson can, but I will try my best." Nines stated, stepping slightly closer to you. 'I can't fault him for trying... he really is trying to be the best partner he can be.' You thought to yourself.

"I just... it feels like we're chasing ghosts... just when we think we have something it comes straight to a dead end..." You mumbled as you felt one of Nines hands rest on your right arm. "Ghosts are not real, but I can see the comparison..." Nines said, you look up at him and sigh with a small nod. "This won't go on forever, Detective."

"I know... Thank you for being an amazing partner, Nines." You said and felt Nines's hand squeeze your arm, lightly.

Software Instability^

Y/N Status: Friend but rising

"You think I'm an amazing partner?" Nines questioned you a hint of confusion in his eyes, like he couldn't actually tell if you were serious or not. You then looked him straight in the eyes and said. "I do, Nines, you've grown a lot since telling me 'you shouldn't eat that.' And I'm telling the truth."

"I know you are. Also you still shouldn't eat some of the things you do, they are bad for you." Nines commented making you bite your lip with an eyebrow raised at him. "If your life was as short as a humans you would understand why we just eat what we want." You told him as Nines's hand dropped from your arm.

"I understand, that is why I haven't said anything since the first time." Nines explained tilting his head at you, this made you realise he was right after the first time he said something at the Chicken Feed he hadn't done it again he just let you eat whatever you wanted without making a comment. "Also I should say thank you for getting me out here for a breather." You then said to Nines who gave a momentary half smile before his face returned back to neutral.

"You needed it, I could see your stress levels increasing and as I do not have a puppy in my jacket there would not have been much of a way to calm you down." Nines said with an amused look on his face.

"I hate that you don't forget things that I said." You mumbled before turning away from Nines to walk back into the house. You entered the house once again and glanced over your shoulder expecting to see Nines stood right behind you, but he wasn't. "Where is he?"