Got a new friend there

"Right, here we are... hopefully Connor answers the door straight away." You breathed out as you cut the engine off, glancing over at Nines who was staring at you intently. "I am sure he will, even if he doesn't when he finds out it's you outside he'll open the door." Nines pointed out being completely right about what he said, turns out he knew Connor better than you thought.

"I guess we'll find out." You said wiggling your eyebrows at him.

You could tell Nines was fighting himself not to smile, his top lip twitching every couple of seconds. That was until you gave him a deep grin, so he stopped trying to fight it and smiled at you.

The two of you exited the car and walked up the path to Hanks house, once at the door you press down on the bell hearing it resonate through the house. Tapping your foot up and down you wait to see if Connor would appear soon, you were about to press the doorbell again until you heard footsteps getting closer to the door.

Moments later the door opened to reveal Connor, he wasn't wearing his uniform anymore instead he was dressed in a hoodie, with the hood up. You didn't get the chance to look at the rest of his outfit.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Connor asked, looking up at his face you saw a questioning look in his eyes. "Came to check on you, not just for Hank but I was worried too." You answered sucking your bottom lip into your mouth, Connor nodded then stepped aside for you to enter. "Hope it's okay that I bought Nines with me."

"Sure." Connor mumbled as he moved towards the sofa and face planted into it, he never really acted like this which made you wonder if he was like this after you both broke up.

A bark came from the hallway as the sound of paws rushed towards the living room, you heard Nines close the front door behind himself as Sumo appeared in the living room.

"Hiya, Sumo." You said in a cute voice to which Sumo began to wag his tail making his way over to you, expecting pets. "I've missed you."

You knelt down and held onto Sumo's face while scratching by his ears all the while he tried to give you kisses, but you couldn't stay giving Sumo attention. Connor needed you. Giving Sumo one more head pat you stand back up move over to the sofa.

Connor still had his face buried in the sofa.

Nines was kind of just stood awkwardly near the front door still, but out of the corner of your eye you saw Sumo approaching Nines.

'Good boy, Sumo.' You thought before turning your attention back to Connor, he hadn't moved at all and didn't seem to want to move either.

"Connor... sit your ass up." You ordered but you were only met with silence from him, looking over to Nines you immediately knew you would be getting no help from him. His attention was fixed onto Sumo, Nines was now knelt down in front of Sumo and was now petting him lightly on the head. "For fuck sake, Connor."

Waiting for a few seconds you realised your current approach was not going to work on Connor, so you moved around now being stood beside Connor.

"Connor you have to talk to someone..." You mumbled sadly, in the hope that this would make him move.

It didn't.

"Fine... you leave me no choice." You told him before turning around and sitting directly on the middle of his back, then turned your attention to Nines who now had his eyes on you, while still petting Sumo. "I can sit here all day."

"Go ahead. It doesn't hurt." Connor said into the sofa, which made his voice muffled and hard to hear.

"Fine." You grumbled folding your arms across your chest.