Ryan stared at Kayce shocked: "What the fuck are we doing?"

"We're not doing anything. Stay here," Ryan placed his hands on his hat in shock. He really was in love with the sanest Dutton. He had hoped that the rest of the mission went smoothly but he should have known that nothing ever goes smoothly when the Dutton family is involved. 

 "How you doing?," a dark skinned man asked as he jogged up the path towards Ryan. 

"Can I help you?," Ryan asked as he held out his arm to stop the guy from going further. 

"Is Mr. Jenkins here? I'm with Big Sky Roofing, he's got a leak," Ryan glanced up at the man's hat, that had the company logo on. He sighed and turned to look at the house, wondering what to do. 

"Yeah, uh, just give me a minute to-," Ryan's sentence got cut off by a fist slamming into the side of his head. He caught himself on the ground before he hit his head. He turned and reached for his gun but the guy was already pointing his own at him. Ryan rolled his eyes as he sat and held his hands out. 

"Toss the pistol," the guy ordered and Ryan grabbed it, throwing it to the side. 

"Now the radio," Ryan sighed but did as told. 

"Got cuffs?," the guy asked and Ryan scoffed as he turned his head. He was becoming beyond irritated by this guy. 

"You know the drill," the guy grinned. 

"I'm a fucking law enforcement agent," Ryan glared as he reached for his handcuffs. 

"You're not the only one," the guy showed off his California registered badge to Ryan. 

Ryan couldn't believe his shit luck and smirked up at the guy: "Doing a little moonlighting, are we?" He cuffed both his hands and gestured mockingly at the guy to show him. 

"Alimony is a bitch," the guy replied," Now get up." 

"Are you fucking kidding me?," Ryan glared as the man opened Jenkin's car's boot and forced him inside. 

"Asshole!," Ryan shouted as he closed the door before walking away. 

"And idiot," Ryan smirked as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the keys for the handcuffs and freed himself from the car. 

As he walked around the house, he could hear Kayce fighting the guy that attacked him. He rounded the corner to see Kayce holding a shard of a broken glass table to the guy's throat and Jenkins pointing his gun at Kayce's head. 

"What a fucked situation this is," Ryan stated as he placed his own gun to Jenkins' head and disarmed him. "You forgot to ask me for my keys," he told the guy that Kayce was holding down, "I guess I'll be the only grown up in the room." 

Kayce let the guy he was holding down go, only to grab Jenkins and push him up against the wall. Ryan turned his gun on the unnamed guy and shouted a warning: "Kayce!" 

"You're going to tell me the truth right fucking now, you prick. Now!" 

"I don't know how to kill cows but I wish I did. I see the pain it has caused you and your family. I wish it had been me," Kayce could see he was telling the truth. He really didn't kill their cattle. He let Jenkins go and picked up his hat before approaching the new guy. 

"My guess is that you're from a California office? I'd go back to it if I were you." 

"Make me," the guy glared. 

"Rules are different around here," Kayce shrugged. 

"I know these rules."

Ryan and Kayce knew that this guy had no idea what he signed up for: "Yeah we'll see."