Chapter 34

Oscar felt as if he had to do more.

As if what he was doing was not enough and that he had to try harder to win her over.

It seemed to him as if she didn't want to be friends with him again, as if she tried her best to make it through their time together.

He wasn't sure what was wrong - she wanted to remain friends, didn't she? Why did she appear so displeased and uncertain?

Oscar didn't mind her romantic feelings at all. In fact, he thought maybe he can take advantage of them.

Because with Jeanette behaving as she was, on the edge of being an actual friend with him even though they talked every day, he had to do more to get her truly back.

He sometimes blamed her for confessing and making everything much more complicated than it needed to be.

Just how many more efforts did he need to make in order for Jeanette to trust him and think of him as her best friend once more?

It felt now to him as if Jeanette was ready to give him up. As if she wouldn't even mind that much if he left her alone, despite him trying so hard to make the friendship come back to normal.

It was as if Jeanette refused to make their friendship come back to normal.

Oscar hated that.

He hated not being the anchor he wanted to be for her, not being the person she'd lean towards on rainy days full of crying.

He was dead set on doing whatever needed if it meant securing her in his life.