Octavia lets out a low hum. "Gunhild." She continues escorting Ruby and I to the command room.

Octavia, Ruby, and I arrive at the command center within the central core of Solstice Sky Labs. The room resembles a small conference hall with curved white benches arranged in a circle, surrounding the illuminated dais where Ruby and her cohorts discuss important matters. We reach the dais where a round pearlescent table stands, surrounded by a set of chairs. Ruby takes a seat on the largest chair — the Maestro's Chair, a gunmetal black chair with red accents.

I sit next to Ruby on a smaller metal chair, white with gold accents.

Octavia sits in the chair facing Ruby on the other end of the table.

Also present are five hooded advisers, one representing each of the conferences: US East, US West, European Union, Asian Oceanic, and South Africa.

"I'm glad everyone of importance can make it," Octavia says. "Let us begin. The first subject in this meeting pertains to a certain Milani Sorsha." The woman pushes a button the table, activating a holographic projector displaying a mugshot of Milani.

"Milani?" I gasp. I fear he may have gone too deep into this rabbit hole.

Octavia nods. "Based on recent audits, a computer in the Aether Dome has been accessing sensitive information stored on our blockchain. Blockchain transactions can confirm of Milani's credentials. After further investigation, it seems Milani himself is the one snooping through The Sky Labs' nodes. Since you have some close connections to Milani Sorsha, mayhap you have influenced him in his actions?"

I bite my lip, wondering why Milani would put himself into all this trouble. There's no doubt that Milani does not agree with what CrystalCorp is doing to Ruby, but I'm sure he can try to resolve this without throwing his career on the line. I say, "Whatever Milani is doing within the confines of The Aether Dome is of his own free will. I have my opinions, yes, but his actions are his responsibility, not mine."

Octavia raises her chin. "Yet his testimony states that he was in your workshop discussing matters of Ruby's well-being."

"Did Milani tell you that?" I inquire, my brow furrowing.

"I did," a boy's voice mutters.

I turn my head in the voice's direction.

It's Milani, looking disheveled and haggard. His white buttoned shirt, untucked and stained with sweat. His hair, a tangled mess. An energy rope tethers his shackled wrists. Two hulking figures, both with red hoods, accompany him.

I gasp. "What happened to you, Milani?"

Milani doesn't answer.

I reach for his face, but the hooded guard wards my hand.

Octavia interjects, "It is what happens when someone oversteps their boundaries. The Usurper did not appreciate Milani's digital presence on our blockchain."

"You mean Gunhild, yes?" I say, recalling her name.

"Yes, I'm aware you know of The Usurper's name. I want to know how you know. Mayhap you found this out through Milani's meddling?"

I grit my teeth. It's true I learned of Gunhild's name through a document forwarded to me from Milani. I respond, "I learned of the name through one of Ruby's dreams."

"Ah, such a device from your collection of strange inventions," Octavia mutters. "I find it odd how CrystalCorps-proper could approve such a contraption. Accuracies from a gadget like that would lead to great skepticism, especially with the near-infinite variables that may occur in a dream."