I've Never Been on a Date Before

Start from the beginning

"Hi...it's nice to meet you all.." Her voice was soft and quiet, and (Y/N) was thankful she didn't stutter. Chris returned to explaining the challenge and ushered the campers to begin. Then, he turned to her.

"Listen, I dont think you're all that needed here, but I want to make the producers happy, so, here's what we're going to do-" (Y/N) blinked in astonishment- no need?

"I uh- I beg to differ...t-this place is a hazard in itself. You certainly need a nurse for these campers.." She managed out. Her words were more assertive than she expected, her expression showing that and Chris huffed.

"Fine, but don't expect me to help you much around here, newbie." (Y/N) took that as a sign she is the only one who didn't return from a previous season. Chris walked away and she rubbed her arms nervously. Her hoodie sleeves giving her comfort in the most uncomfortable of places.

As she had never been on this island before, let alone seen it on tv before, she was nervous to get lost. (Y/N) followed as many signs as she could find until she stumbled on a mess hall of sorts. She walked inside, hoping for anyone who could tell her where to go. She pushed the door shut behind her and looked around.

"Hello?" She called out.

"I'm comin, I'm comin." A deep voice called from the back. A much larger man had walked out, he was significantly bigger than her small frame. "You must be (Y/N). I'm Chef Hatchet." He commented. She nodded slowly.

"I am...I uhm...I'm not sure where to go?" Her statement came out as more of a question and she looked away. Eye contact made her uncomfortable. Chef was silent for a moment.

"Take this path south, the right path will lead to the infirmary and the left path will lead to the trailers where Chris, myself and you sleep. Yours is the green one." She nodded again.
"Right- infirmary, left- trailers. Got it." She muttered to herself before turning back to Chef. "Uh- thank you, Chef Hatchet.. I did run into Chris-"

"But he had no interest in helping you, I expected as much. Give him time, he will warm up to you." She nodded slowly.

"Thank you- again." She smiled softly as she left the mess hall and followed his directions.

After setting up the infirmary, she headed to her trailer to put away her things. She put her clothes in the provided dresser, her soaps and hygiene products in the bathroom, and her suitcase in the closet. By the time she finished, it was getting dark, so she decided to make herself a meal. Being vegetarian meant she typically had to learn to feed herself. (Y/N) made a vegetable sandwich with dill sauce to fill her up, and headed to the little picnic tables outside the trailers to eat. That happened to be when Chris walked out of his trailer to eat as well. He noticed her and scowled, but sat on the other side of the table anyways.