I'm Not Your Play Thing

This was requested by drago_grimborn

A/N: This is a collaboration with kittenngrievous

Chris and (Y/N) had been dating for almost 8 months. During the production of Total Drama: All-Stars and Pahkitew Island, their relationship blossomed into something they had only ever dreamed of. Now, they share a trailer on Wawanakwa Island, across from their brother, Chef. The island is constantly inhabited by campers, ranging in new and old contestants, anywhere from ages 16 to 20. Pahkitew Island had been stressing Chris out, pretty severely. He was constantly getting bashed, and several calls were coming in from the producers with mentions of replacing him. (Y/N) knew he didn't mean the harsh things he was saying to them, it was the stress. But of course, that doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

(Y/N) was walking to the mess hall after a relatively easy night. They had not argued one time with Chris and he seemed a little happier the previous night. Something about a new interview with a popular magazine being published within the next few days. (Y/N) made a mental note to buy a copy through their phone app, last night. They watched a movie and shared a delicious dinner Chris had made. Things seemed like they were beginning to look up. When (Y/N) entered the mess hall, however, they could sense a little tension between the campers. They were all staring at them, waiting for (Y/N) to say something. Chris stopped talking, noticing the lack of attention on himself and cleared his throat. Instantly all eyes snapped away from (Y/N) and onto Chris. He resumed his explanation of the challenge for the day, and (Y/N) went into the back to find her brother, Chef Hatchet.

"Hey, what's with all the tension?" They asked, slipping on an apron. Chef was finishing up breakfast, so (Y/N) was just in time to finish helping him prep plates.

"No idea, but do you know how frustrating it is to listen to all their murmuring and whining while Chris talks? It's annoying." Chef huffed, and (Y/N) laughed softly.

"Something must have happened last night." They shrugged their shoulders, fixing the last set of plates in front of them.

About halfway through the day, (Y/N) was getting annoyed at the constant stares, side eye and murmuring around them. They approached Topher, knowing if anyone knew what was going on, it would be him. Topher, of course, wanted Chris' job, so he constantly was 'in the know' with everything going on around the island.

"Topher!" They called, jogging over as he finished his portion of the challenge. "Hey! Can I ask you something?" Topher smiled confidently.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N). What's going on?" He asked. He crossed his arms over his chest and (Y/N) smiled meekly.

"What is wrong with everyone today? They keep...staring at me. And the tension is insane. I swear, I can cut it with a knife!" They were only partially joking, the seriousness was heard in their voice. Topher's confident smile fell and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, that. Uh, well Chris did an interview-"

"Oh! I know about the interview! He told me."

"And you're okay with what he said about you?"

"About...me?" They asked, confused.

"The article was released today. They were able to get an editing team right on it, sources say, they found the information too juicy, and just couldn't wait to publish it...you may want to give it a read." He said, his voice was sad, though they couldn't tell if it was genuine. He is after Chris' job after all. Nodding slowly, they turned and walked away, pulling their phone out to open the article app.

Yesterday, we interviewed Chris McLean on his life, job, and relationship. Here is what he had to say:

Chris: I love my life. My job is immaculate, who wouldn't want to spend their day torturing teens in a Summer Camp? I have everything I could ever want in life.