chapter 3: The Happy Bride

Zacznij od początku

As I stood by the door my arm tucked in Holder's, who was going to give me away as per my request. He spoke

"Ailes... You sure you wanna do this...you could always come and live with me... Ailey there is still time... We can stop this". Shocked to the core I whipped my head in his direction

"What do you mean ? Why ? How can we stop this now ? I- I don't understand".

"Ailey I just don't want to see you get hurt... You know I love you right... Your my best friend for a reason..."

"I know you do Holder... I love you too but I can't hurt my aunt like that... She has done so much for me... I have to fulfill this for her... Thats the least I can do... I will be ok". Contended with what I had said, Holder nodded at me with determination and we walked in as the music started playing and the doors slowly opened.

"You look beautiful for the first time in like a decade by the way". Holder snickered jokingly at me .

I smiled at him playfully as that was all I could do while walking on the aisle. That goof he knew I wouldn't rebuke at him here.

Finally reaching the end Holder kissed my cheek before giving my hand to a waiting Adrian Vittorio.

The vows were said and then finally the words that I had been regretting were said by the minister to end our ceremony

"I now pronounce you husband and wife... You may now kiss the bride".

A warm blush spread all over my face specifically my cheeks and I found the floor very interesting.

Everything happened so slowly, a warm hand pressed on my lower back and Adrian pulled me towards him, slightly lifting the veil he leaned downwards, looking at me with his storming ocean blue eyes as if asking for me for something... What I do not know...
He placed both his hands covering my cheeks and lowering himself he pressed his soft lips to mine.

I closed my eyes and could feel my blush red cheeks getting warmer.  As soon the kiss started it ended and we both walked down the aisle.

The strange thing was Adrian was acting completely different. The Adrian I knew would not even look in my direction, kissing me was a completely different scenario. The thought reminded me of the kiss where I still felt electrifying tingles on my lips. 

Still in daze I hadn't noticed we had stopped. After cutting the cake and all photographs were done I decided to freshen up a little and go to the loo.

On my way back I heard two rising voices particularly of a male and female. Although I know its rude to eavesdrop, but out of curiosity I peeked from the ajar left door and what I saw broke me into a hundred pieces.
The image clearly depicted what a miserable marital life I shall have.

Evie and Adrian stood in the room holding hands together.
"Adrian... Why did you marry that witch... She is only after your money... Why didn't you marry me when your always confessing this undying love for me".

"Evelyn... I do love you... This is just an marriage of convenience... Its never going to be anything more..." Adrian replied.

That was it... This entire thing was too much I couldn't take this anymore.

Without a second thought I rushed back to the restroom unable to control my breakable state.

Looking at myself in the mirror I am barley recognizable, my make up is ruined and my eyes look similar to a panda's since the mascara is spread all over. 

Heaving a long sigh I open my small clutch and taking a wet tissue I wipe the make up away as well as wash my face and try to calm down.

Finally  after reapplying an even thinner shade of make up. I walk out with my head held high towards the dining area.

It is finally the time to leave and I see Adrian standing there waiting for me...Plastering a fake smile I hug everyone especially Aunt Josie a little longer.
She gives me one of her regular smiles although I can sense the tiredness in her eyes.

We  walk to the black limosine waiting for us and Adrian opens the door for me to sit.

As soon as we both are seated the car starts and we both are blanketed in an awfully awkward silence. He is busy with his phone and as I peek over all thanks to my nosiness I see its Evie he is talking to and another part of my heart breaks.

I may not know this man who is now lawfully my husband... But I do know this that it is going to be a journey which will only leave me miserable in the end and there is nothing I can do about it.