She raised her hand to block the light, pushing herself off of the sand, as she looked around at the area.

She was on an island... a strange island, but an island nonetheless. Or perhaps it was just the shore of some large body of land. Without surveying the area, she would not know.

The water was orange, or at least it appeared to be, and the sand was unlike any color that she had ever seen. She could see trees in the distance, and as she looked around the beach, everything seemed bigger, and...

Lenna shook her head. She must be seeing things... There couldn't be two suns. Or were they moons? Whatever they were, they gave off massive amounts of light.

This couldn't be real...

Right?

There were crazier things in the world, she supposed. She was the apparent reincarnate of a god long dead, and there were three others just like her. There would have been four others, but for whatever reason, the Aether did not reincarnate.

At least that was what Ignatius had told her. He seemed to have no problems with manipulation and saw all other people below him.

He proclaimed that she was not in that category, but she had a sneaking suspicion that he was lying in that statement as well.

She pushed off of the sand, brushing some off of her, as she looked around, making sure that she wouldn't be surprised by anything.

???: Hello?

She quickly turned, seeing a man standing there, and on instinct she threw out her hand, small orbs of water shooting towards him. He threw himself out of the way, groaning as his feet hit the ground once more.

Man: I mean you no harm...

He kept his voice low and calm, wearing some sort of dark coat and dress clothes underneath, as if his appearance was designed to exude control, and calm.

His body language was nonthreatening on the surface, but she could tell that this was all an act, and he was clearly ready to act at a moment's notice.

Lenna didn't feel like giving away information that she didn't need to. There was no reason to give this man any power.

Man: That's all right. I understand your concern over trusting someone in this...

He looked around, his eyes seemingly focusing on something to his side for a few long moments, before looking back to her.

Man: Rather strange world.

When she didn't respond, his eyes widened slightly.

Man: You are from Remnant, no?

She debated for a moment, but relented, thinking that perhaps if she gave him this small foothold, he would trust her more.

And so, she nodded her head slightly.

He left out a sigh of relief, nodding his head as well.

Man: That's good. I was wondering if I would ev...

Lenna: How did you find me?

He paused for a few long beats, and she could see in his eyes that he was debating something in his head. What wasn't he telling her?

Man: For some reason I am drawn to you...

A few beats passed.

Man: Not to you as a person, but to that.

He pointed down at her, and she looked to see that she was holding Ignatius' amulet. She must have ripped it off of his person when she fell off of the platform.