36 ... truth

my best
friends brother
36

blair

Slamming Aiden's bedroom door open, I barge in and shut it, my back falling against it. "I couldn't do it!" I exclaim in a whisper-shout since it's seven in the morning. Holding both straps of my bag around my shoulders tight, I stressfully squeeze them tighter and pace the front of his room. I didn't even have time to greet him on this not-so-fine morning. I'm stressing like a single parent or high school teacher.

"Well hello to you too beautiful." He smiles with a small chuckle. I sigh and pause in my pacing to turn only to bump into him. "Sorry," I look him in the eyes.

"Morning."

"It's fine, you're okay," He leans down to place a kiss on my lips and I respond with no hesitation. It actually calmed my nerves a bit. It's just what I needed but it wasn't enough.

"Now tell me what you couldn't do," I watch him walk toward his bed to finish getting ready. "Maybe I can help in some sort of way. Or maybe I can do it for you."

He's sweet.

"Wait—" He turns, "Did you walk here?"

"No..." I pause and look around, "Yes? Maybe."

His eyes bulge, "You walked?"

"Is that not what I just said? It was the adrenaline."

"Clearly," He scolds me. "I'm driving you so stay put."

"If you knew me, you'd know I don't like taking orders if I'm not obliged to. Growing up around some of my dad's jerky colleagues, it's become an ick for me. So try again please."

He stares at me for a solid moment and I don't move an inch until he's standing in front of me holding my face. "I think I should take you to school after your ridiculous journey over here if that's okay with you. Is that okay...?"

He pauses and I watch his eyes drift to my lips.

"...with you?" I smile.

"Better," I break what he seemed to be controlling which was kissing me so I take the leap and do the job for him. I don't know why he's still so hesitant.

"What's funny?" I hadn't even realized I was laughing until now. "You are so whipped," I shake my head and grin up at him. "Yes...?" He said awkwardly adorable.

"I was kidding about what I said just to get a reaction out of you, although maybe I wasn't really because just...try growing up with men who think things still work like the sixties," I roll my eyes hard, "Growing up with some of those cocky fuckers actually gave me the ick but still," I shrug and Aiden shakes his head at me, "You're evil. And yes I am whipped."

"No shame in that."

"Were you sprinkled with some kind of good guy dust in the delivery room or something? I don't get you."

He smiles. "All me baby, now what can I do to help your situation? Like I said," He interlocks our fingers. "Your problems become my problems. I got your back."