I got dressed in Freya's favorite suit. Once, she told me it looked like I was prince Charming, and that no other suit of mine was able to compare. I haven't worn anything else to her grave.

For the first year, I spent every waking second there. Sebastian took over the company for a while, so it wouldn't fully crumble to the ground.

By the time it was morning, I was fully awake. I haven't slept much, it was mostly tossing and turning, feeling like shit.

I got dressed and silently left the house. I moved from my apartment after her passing. It was supposed to be our home, and spending more time there without her, knowing she would never come back haunted me, and it broke me completely.

On my way to get Celine, I stopped by a flower shop and bought the most beautiful bouquet of roses. I knew that Freya would've loved them.

Celine went with me, whenever she could. She had utmost respect towards Freya, and although they'd met shortly before she passed, Celine considered her family.

The two of us arrived shortly after her parents. Although it's been a long time, they still maintained contact with me. Unlike myself, they didn't blame me for what happened to their precious girl, they only blamed that motherfucker.

Yet, no amount of reassuring was enough. It was my fault for not finding out about him sooner. It was my fault for not building a fort knox of her own. She would've hated me, but at least, she would've been alive enough to show me all the hatred. I would've gladly taken it all.

I felt my knees about to give in as soon as we approached her tombstone. Celine was there, offering her support, linking her hand in mine and resting her head on my shoulder.

Sienna Preston stood in front of us, with her husband Michael, hand in hand. Slowly, she looked me over her shoulder and gave me a soft smile.

Each time, it was that soft smile that broke the last bits of sanity I had. Sorrowful memories ran through her head, and every time she smiled at me, I was reminded of how much I could've changed.

But I didn't.

It was all my fault.

"Thank you for coming, Elijah." She said, softly, "You too, Celine."

I felt a lump in my throat, and I was struggling to swallow it. It was as if I had a knife stuck in my mouth, painful and wrenching.

My sister took the initiative to respond, "Of course, Sienna."

Soft wind blew in my face. The warm summer day reminded me of Freya. Welcoming, gentle and caring. It took every bit of my inner strength not to break down in front of her parents, who desperately tried to hold back tears.

I stepped aside, walked around them and bent down. I placed the flowers, and stared at her name, caressing the tombstone with my fingers.

I could feel her in the air. As if she were there, smiling down on us.

I knew that Freya never would've blamed me for the outcome. She would've wanted me to live my life, to be happy. She would never want this pathetic lifestyle for me. She'd be pissed.

My biggest regret was not marrying her when I had the chance. There was no one else I could've imagined to be my wife. Freya was the one who changed my whole stance on marriage itself, and she was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

"Elijah," Sienna spoke to me, and I averted my eyes from the tombstone, "When can we expect you and Nina to stop by for a dinner?"

Sienna and Michael weren't aware of the relationship I had with their daughter. As far as they were concerned, I was merely her boss, and a friend.