Chapter 14: A Merciless Dawn

The room around them was silent, the only sound coming from what seemed to be the two fighting couple. Telling mirrors lined the walls, echoing each move made by the lethal weapons. Grunting, she ducked, her hair flying about her face. Swerving, she raised fully again to see Jensen silently focused. "Don't tell me your holding back just because I'm a woman," Sweat clung to him, covering his face. His hair was ruffled, mussed about from the intense work he was putting in. His broad chest was wrapped in a tank vest- breathing heavily, she lunged at him, giving him everything she had. "I said I'm not!" Jensen lied, flashing her a confidant smile. Gale's leg nearly speared his face, but his reflexes had him easily out of the way. The bursts of effort and energy coming from her made him grin- the white vest clung to her perfect, toned abdomen drove him crazy- sweat streamed down her forehead. Her hair open, it flew around her, swishing this way and that. So completely entranced, he barely missed a kick to the nuts by the skin of his teeth. "Spare my crowns jewels," Jensen smirked as he clasped Gale's arm and caught her in his arms like a steel band. "I'd like to have kids with you someday," Breaking free, she twirled like a leaf in the wind, propelling herself backwards in the air, and shot out for his legs but to no avail: he swiftly moved to the side and turned around to face her fully. Landing firmly on her feet, she smirked at him. "We'll see about that." Strolling towards her water bottle, she swept it up and gulped it down. Breathing heavily, she set it down and pierced Jensen with her glare. "I cannot believe your holding back," She spat irritatedly turning towards the mirror in front of her and braiding her hair. She watched Jensen's reflection in the mirror as he came and stood behind her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he rested his chin on her shoulder and looked on at her reflection. "I can't let you get hurt," Jensen murmured, kissing her shoulder. "Let me get hurt!" She shouted, annoyed. "For you to get hurt would be me getting hurt," He replied with the same serenity as before and looked at her lovingly. Her annoyance went up in smoke when she saw the endearment on his face. Turning around her arms weaved around his neck. "You fool," She whispered, looking up into his glittering green seas, stroking his jaw. 

"Why did you learn to fight like that?" 

"I kinda picked it up cause I was pushed around when I was moving around in foster homes," A faraway look in her eyes told him of the sadness that touched her features. "But I've never had the courage to ever tell it show my abilities except from people I'm close to." She nodded at Jensen slightly- he brushed his lips tenderly with hers. "You'll  never have to hide from me," He whispered at the corner of her lips. "I know," She said quietly, a shadow passing over her face before she pulled away and padded across the room. "I had to look out for myself," She said a little louder, propelling herself at his shoulders, her legs wrapping around his neck like an automatic steel band. Sending him flying backwards, she landed in an elegant crouch, breathing quietly. Jensen's body flew through the air like whistling bullet but was confidently back on his feet within seconds. "Why?" He grunted, a frown lining his face as he swiped for her legs. Jumping, she rotisserie'd in the air, her leg aimed for his stomach. Hands behind his back, he swung himself to the side, watching her in the air. 

"Sitting in foster homes wasn't my thing," They stood apart, staring at each other.  

"It's not a particularly unique sob story." She rained all manners of punches upon him, Jensen easily avoiding each one. "I grew up," She caught him in her arms, snaking them around his neck. "defending myself," He leaned in to kiss her, but in a flash,  she knee'd his stomach and launched backwards. Jensen wasn't faced by the pain that that seared his abdomen. Winking, she shot him a radiant smile before whipping around. "Men are so typical," She threw him his bottle before looking at him again. "Get a chance to get a girl to drop her pants, you lose all sense," Shaking her head, she gave him one last look before exiting the room. Speechless, astonishment flitted across his features. Shaking his head fiercely, he gulped the water down, relishing in it's soothing relief. Juggling it in his hands, he smirked as he remembered how much she was so focused on her task to hurt him, the bursts of energy and grunts flaring his appreciation for how hard working she was. Whereas he was silent and lethal, she was this roaring tigress, fierce and deadly. Following after her, his footsteps echoed around the empty room around him until they bounced of the walls as he walked through the corridor. His eyes searched for Gale, to see where she'd gone but soon saw her feasting on a plate of spaghetti. White units lined the cabinets, sparkling clean. The pot was set across the worktop- He was glad to see her not a typical women: refusing to touch 'a plate of fat'. Strolling over to her, he kissed her head. Sitting down on the stool opposite, he grabbed a fork and started eating off her plate. 

"I'm not a typical man am I?" He drawled, smirking. 

"No, your my man," She gestured with a  fork in her hand towards him, winking and smiling. 

"That I am," He said triumphantly, eating a forkful of entwined spaghetti. 

"I miss Jared and Gen," Gale's sudden outburst left him speechless. He glanced at her, then down at his lap, sadness starting to cloud his features. 

Reaching for her hand, this sudden show of of affection startled her. 

"You don't deserve any of this," Tiredness etched his face, a broken look in his stare; It dropped to their hands. 

"I was going to learn about his nature soon enough," Gale sighed, caressing his palm. "I'm happy that I have a strong man like you by my side," Gales lip stretched into a big, dazzling smile mirroring Jensen who was now kissing her slender, soft hands. "I love you," Jensen said, drowning in her beautiful, ethereal face. "Everyday with you is a blessing," Gale gave him another brilliant smile. A blush crept along her cheek, her embarrassed face trying to hide itself. Chuckling, his devilishly handsome face surprisingly caught her in a web: her eyes lingered in his face. He was indeed the most charming man she had ever met. His million dollar smile was the power of a thousand suns, his bright, electric, enchanting eyes matching her own. His perfect, flawless jaw- his tanned skin seemed superficial. "I love it when you do that," Snapping her out of her thoughts, she flushed and looked away desperately, trying to regain her composure. In return, his own eyes caught themselves up in her beauty: The milky brown hair that shone so lustrously, wavy and thick endlessly carried on until they swayed near her hips. Her big, alluring and divine sky-blue eyes, her beautifully proportioned lips that stretched into a sparkling, beaming smile- The soft, nonetheless shining white skin that encompassed her regal frame. 

"So how do you think we should get into any type of meeting of their's?" Jensen was so suddenly shaken out of his trance, he seemed to go blank for a minute before smiling and looking at her. "What?" 

"What way do we get into their dealings?" 

"Well my job depended on this kind of crap, so I know how to get a hand in this."

"So what do we do?" Gale pierced him with a serious glare, her hands entwining into a business like stance. 

"Well, I think the first step is to have someone on the inside work for us," A shadow passed across his face but Gale ignored it however much it disturbed her. 

"I just can't believe my...," Disgust lined her face as her voice couldn't speak that unworthy word.  "of all people is doing this," Fear suddenly gripped her, everything coming to hit her at once. Her own accident, Jensen's family's death, countless people merciless murder, but most of all Jensen's ordeal... A shudder of fury rippled through her being, setting all hairs on end.

I need to stop this. Once and for all.