Chapter 13: Fighters

Sifting through endless amounts of pages, Jensen smirked half-heartedly as he thought about how many times he had been in the same situation before. Seated in a rather uncomfortable chair, he looked around his surroundings: Gale was blanketed on a nearby rocking chair reading what seemed quite interesting book, with Jared asleep on top of a sleeping Genevieve's lap. Misha was helping him look through the documents. Sighing, he stood up slowly whilst tucking the sheets away. Everyday seemed to be getting worse in terms of finding any dirt on Sloan. Yes, the unfortunate revelation about Gale was helpful but not enough to even scratch the surface. "This isn't going to work," Jensen said suddenly, spinning towards Misha; The wild look in his eyes took Misha by surprise. "I think we need to tear them apart from the inside," He said somewhat deadly, alarming Misha. Jensen marched towards where he was sitting and thrust a hand towards the sheets scattered across the dining table, waving at them annoyingly. "This is getting us nowhere,"

"How do you plan on doing that?" Misha asked sceptically, eyeing him questioningly. "Intercept any type of shady dealings or whatever that can help us to our advantage."

"How the hell are we even supposed to get into any type of gathering of their's?" Misha asked sighing somewhat defeatedly, annoyingly throwing the sheets aside. All the while, Gale had quietly gotten up and set her book down. Peering at their deep conversation, she shuffled towards them silently, sitting on the chair next to Misha. "What's wrong?" Gale eyed Jensen who was pacing back and forth and then at Misha who was twiddling his thumbs.

"Searching through this shit is not getting us anywhere, so we're just thinking about how we can intercept and influence from the inside-"

"We'll just have to use our hands and instinct," Jensen interrupted, all of a sudden looking ready for a fight.

"Jared's trained well enough, and so are you-"

"Wait," Gale held a hand up, looking utterly puzzled. "You," She pointed at Misha, "and him," She then gestured towards Jared, "are trained in combat?"

"Having a guy like him around you," Misha cocked his head towards Jensen who chuckled slightly. "It's bound to happen."

"What about him?" Gale thrust her thumb towards Jared.

"He was part of the SS for a bit, but he isn't as skilled as me," Gale rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"You sure are shorter than him though," She grumbled, shooting him as mocking glance. Jensen laughed quietly, making sure to keep quiet so that Gen and Jared wouldn't be disturbed. "We've been in these types of situations before too," Misha added, shifting around in his seat. "Not saying I'd prefer to though. It's more Jensen's thing."

"Well," Gale started, sitting up and inhalaling deeply. "What about Gen? She a ninja too?,"

"Yeah actually," Jensen smiled cheekily when Gale mouth dropped open. "We're all skilled fighters, me being the best of course."

"Get over yourself," Gale shot at him, scowling when he patted his abdomen.

"That leaves me then," Gale said, her voice heightening a little. "You gotta teach me."

Jensen gave her a quizzical look before laughing. "You won't have to use your hands anyway," Gale looked irked. "If this is about trying to keep me safe, I swear to god-" Infuriated, she shot to her feet, giving him a deathly look.

"Woah," Raising his hands in surrender, he shook his head. "Okay, we'll start tomorrow. Besides it'll be cool to have a kick-ass wife," Jensen winked at her as she laughed but chided him.

"Let's start now," Gale gestured towards the gym room and waved at him to come. "I've got nothing to do anyway so," He shrugged and stood up, telling Misha to come too. Strolling into the room, she slid off her top before getting into a ready stan"Where do you want to start?" Jensen and Misha's voice echoed around the enormous surrounding them, a mat spread across the floor.

"How to throw a punch." She said bluntly, tying her hair up.

"Okay, let's see what you know. Position your hands," Jensen eyed her stance, before chuckling when she naively raised her fists towards her face, her forearms straight. Walking over to her, he re-adjusted her arms and walked backwards- but before he could see where he was going, she swung her leg in an elegant right arc, aimed for his face. Ducking with his hands entwined at the back, he looked at her with surprise. She smiled at him for a split second before releasing her wrath: she backed him into the wall, throwing perfect, slick punches towards his face, Jensen equally as vigilant in defending himself. A punch to the abdomen averted, a kick to the side evaded- "What the hell- Fuck!" Jensen, just in a split second, slid to the side, having avoided a kick to the face. Gale's impressive, lethal,elequent demeanour enchanted him. They danced around each other, their arms entwining and unlocking every so often- Gale pounced on him, taking them both crashing to the floor, withtowering over her. Both breathing heavily, he looked down at her still reeling in from the shock of her new-found talent. "How did you do that?" Gale's sea like eyes peirced him, as a dazzling, breath taking smile spread across her lips. "I learned to fight when I was young," She breathed, her legs wrapping around his waist.

"Why keep it a secret?"

"Don't like bragging about it," Her arms wound around his neck as she lifted her head of the ground and captured his lips. Their breaths raced over each other as lightening wracked his body, jolts of shock coursing through him. But the world seem to tumble until the ground was against his back- she was now on top of him, still breathing heavily. "Your my equal," Gale whispered before winking and raising to her feet and walking off.