Chapter 12

Chapa chewed the top of her pencil before putting it down to frown at Mika who had her chin in the palm of her hands, daydreaming. "Hey," She said to get Mika's attention.

Mika blinked and snapped out of her thoughts. "Mmm?"

"Can you envision your wedding to Mr. Bathroom directions later?" She asked. "I need my brainiac to help me study." She whined.

Mika rolled her eyes. "You're such an antiromantic."

"I just don't see how meeting in front of a bathroom can be romantic." Chapa said, gagging. "Have you lost your mind?"

Chapa was only joking. But it made Mika look worried. "Yeah, you're right." She sighed and Chapa looked at her in surprise. She wasn't expecting Mika to just agree like that. "He looks really rich and popular and perfect and everything." She said, disappointedly. "He was so charming too." She added. "He probably has tons of admirers." Mika sighed. "Why am I different?" Mika concluded, dramatically pouting.

Oh, hell nah! "Are you seriously doubting yourself right now?" Chapa said. "That's so not what I meant. You're Mika Macklin. If anything, he's lucky to have met you!" Chapa wasn't going to listen to Mika put herself down like this.

Mika smiled. "I know, I justed wanted to hear you say it." She giggled and Chapa playfully rolled her eyes. "Anyway." Mika said. "Chances are, I won't see him around anymore. It's a really big school."

"You never know." Chapa said.

Mika smiled, giving her a really? look.

"What?" Chapa shrugged. "I'm only trying to be supportive." She went back to what she was reading.

Then, Millie plopped in the seat right next to Mika, making her look up from her book again. "Millie."

Millie waved at her, cheerily. Mika finally noticed her too.

"How goes it, girl?" Mika greeted.

"How have you two been?" Millie said. She sighed. "It's been literally forever." She said, dramatically.

Chapa chuckled. "It's been twenty minutes." She said. "We just had a class together. Remember?"

"Right." Millie said. "But we haven't even had time to hang out yet." She clapped excitedly. "Ooh! Let's meet up after school! We can go shopping!"

"Oh, I'm down." Mika, ever the fashion obsessed teen said immediately. "Chapa, how does that sound?"

Chapa looked thoughtful. "Hmmm...."

"Please..." Millie begged, leaning forward on the table towards Chapa. She really wanted to hang out with her. Chapa's just so cool and bold and super fun to be around.

Chapa closed her book. "Fine. You're buying me snacks."

Mika and Millie squealed and gave each other a high five. "SHOPPING SPREE!"

Chapa cringed and protected her eardrums.

|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°||°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|

"Oh, Benjamin!" A teacher at her desk called to the student who was passing by her classroom. "Benji!"

The boy stopped and turned to enter the classroom. "Yes, Miss Furstin?"

"Will you give this book to Bose O'Brian." The teacher asked as the student approached her desk. "I was supposed to hand it back to him after marking but it must have slipped my mind."

The boy gulped.

"Be a dear and give it to him for me?" The teacher asked.

Benjamin eyed the book like it was a cobra ready to attack. Somehow even his possessions are as terrifying. Like he's really in front of you. "U-Uhm," He stuttered. He really didn't want to have to speak to Bose. Heck, he didn't want Bose to ever acknowledge his existence. Why hadn't he just pretended he hadn't heard the teacher when she'd called?